Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W1 0395

W1 0395

Umm. Not entirely sure about this, and I've put it here to avoid any 'just cruise the for sale bit for a quick turnaround bargain' brigade who may exist. I also reserve the right to completely change this post and pretend it never existed.

Anyway, my car is currently languishing in a Garage that has no space for it, with an MOT fail sheet covered in emissions stuff (and a ball joint that I think has been repaired) and advisories including the tyres. It's just been serviced and had the coolant flushed and replaced with Type D which has burst a pipe above the radiator. I've also put in a new silver Bosch battery.

Now I could just trailer it back to the lockup I have and it's been in since last August but I'd rather it went to someone with some time and inclination to fix it and use it. It's not showing a good oil pressure and I know the dials are suspect but given the state of the oil that's come out of in the last few changes I'm inclined to think there's a problem. Really the engine could do to come out, tidy up or replace the subframe, fiddle with the injection and something with the top end, and it will be lovely.

126000 miles on the clock or thereabouts.

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/show...autionary-Tale shows fairly recent bodywork.

I'm going away next Friday lunchtime and I think by then the garage will be very grumpy.

SO, if you can pick this car up by Thursday 30th March in SG4 0TW you can have it for £500 in cash. There's a wealth of paperwork with it.

I don't want it to go to someone who wants to make it a trailer queen concours flyer. It's not that kind of car on 126k.

It's not really a flipper either.

Send me a private message if you're interested.

Send you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayli Carper View Post
    Umm. Not entirely sure about this, and I've put it here to avoid any 'just cruise the for sale bit for a quick turnaround bargain' brigade who may exist. I also reserve the right to completely change this post and pretend it never existed.

Anyway, my car is currently languishing in a Garage that has no space for it, with an MOT fail sheet covered in emissions stuff (and a ball joint that I think has been repaired) and advisories including the tyres. It's just been serviced and had the coolant flushed and replaced with Type D which has burst a pipe above the radiator. I've also put in a new silver Bosch battery.

Now I could just trailer it back to the lockup I have and it's been in since last August but I'd rather it went to someone with some time and inclination to fix it and use it. It's not showing a good oil pressure and I know the dials are suspect but given the state of the oil that's come out of in the last few changes I'm inclined to think there's a problem. Really the engine could do to come out, tidy up or replace the subframe, fiddle with the injection and something with the top end, and it will be lovely.

126000 miles on the clock or thereabouts.

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/show...autionary-Tale shows fairly recent bodywork.

I'm going away next Friday lunchtime and I think by then the garage will be very grumpy.

SO, if you can pick this car up by Thursday 30th March in SG4 0TW you can have it for £500 in cash. There's a wealth of paperwork with it.

I don't want it to go to someone who wants to make it a trailer queen concours flyer. It's not that kind of car on 126k.

It's not really a flipper either.

Send me a private message if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not seeing anything there Gabriel!

Please note this isn't first come first served. I've had this car for five years and reserve the absolute right to be completely irrational about its disposal. (Or not.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielhess View Post
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ayli

you must be really down about the car to post this thread. Why don't you give Mark Fish in Harlow a call he rescued my Clio. He's a good guy and understands we can afford to thousands after thousands on the car. If the bodywork is ok then the engine rebuild will pay u back. My emissions was simply a cat. Although a london garage put a cat on Mark identified it as a cheap aftermarket cat and put a 172 cat on.

i guess you have to ask yourself can you or would there be a danger of falling back in love with the car if u sell it. By the way I have a 3.2 carrera also😃

Thanks Stu I appreciate your post.

I don't have my Porsche any more as I realised I was an unlucky owner with it and I feel I've reached that point with my Clio. Sometimes you just know you're lucky with a car, and other times you know you're the reverse.

I feel the next owner will be lucky with it.

Sorry to hear you've got to breaking point with the car, I've sent you a PM

Great opportunity for someone to own a W1, im currently fighting with myself not to spend anymore money on cars............

Thanks for your kind comments and private messages.

For the moment, this offer is CLOSED.

Forum User
    wow! bargain!

I'll take it if it hasnt already gone! Will sort collection!

If not, can i just buy your mint condition wheels lol

Dunc