I will get on the case and keep you updated. You guys are awesome fair play. Anytime I have a problem so many people try to help!
Cheers 🍻

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy View Post
No, part 2 is just 1 big solid piece of plastic that everything is held into and it sounds like it's doing it's job exactly as it's supposed to do it so it's not an issue in the slightest.

Thinking about it more I'd say FATBOY is right & sounds more & more like it's the spring - no.22 in the pic - at fault. The gearstick will go back to the middle on it's own as the spring on the part that moves up & down on the gearbox will be doing that but the more movement or less resistance than normal will be down to the spring not doing it's job.

A look underneath the car will confirm it. Part 16 is supposed to be clipped onto the selector rod and 1 end of the spring hooks into that and the other end of the spring is supposed to be clipped into the floor of the car, there is a hole there for it.

Part 14 is the full kit to replace it all and the part number is 77 01 468 199 and the guys at RPD should be able to sort it out for you http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/