Standard Williams or Dimma???

Just being having a look at potential Williams purchases and I've came across a Dimma Williams 1 that's for sale at the moment. I may be wrong but I think it's number 117.

As enthusiasts, what's everyone's thoughts on the Dimma? Is it a better proposition than the standard one, or is standard the way to go? I don't buy cars with a view to selling them shortly afterwards, but I don't want to buy a Dimma if it's going to be a white elephant that I'll struggle to find takers for later into the future.

Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Braddaz1 View Post
    Just being having a look at potential Williams purchases and I've came across a Dimma Williams 1 that's for sale at the moment. I may be wrong but I think it's number 117.

As enthusiasts, what's everyone's thoughts on the Dimma? Is it a better proposition than the standard one, or is standard the way to go? I don't buy cars with a view to selling them shortly afterwards, but I don't want to buy a Dimma if it's going to be a white elephant that I'll struggle to find takers for later into the future.

Please help.

Personally I'd stick to a standard, but that's just my opinion. I have 2 Williams .....would I swap one for a dimma? No. I'd swap one of them for a PH1 16v in black tho 😎

Rust is is bad enough on a standard mk1. The dimma kit hides this but continues to rot away unnoticed under the kit. The resto on a dimma would be a dearer do if work was required.

Great looking car the dimma. One of the forum users has a white one and that is very tasty!

Thanks for your opinion. You raised some points that I never considered, such as the hidden rust.

My inclination is to keep with my purist head and stay standard, but there's something about the Dimma's that make me consider them against my better judgement.

Keep the comments coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Braddaz1 View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. You raised some points that I never considered, such as the hidden rust.

My inclination is to keep with my purist head and stay standard, but there's something about the Dimma's that make me consider them against my better judgement.

Keep the comments coming.
    If that's the one you like, that's the one to buy!

I'm very undecided. I can be easily swayed one way or another. It's nice to have some points of view from enthusiasts/purists.

There is something about the Dimma's that just takes me back to my youth, they do look great BUT i'd never buy one now over a standard car.

I would stay away from the Dimmas. They rust enough without the body kit hiding it.

Standard. Dimmas are of their time. Standard is timeless.

That was my concern. Let's just leave Dimma's in the 90's, eh?