Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 0366 - WY8494J

Forum User
    Today was a good day

Have to say, I've not been feeling the love lately. With the car having been parked up a couple of years prior to me buying it, things are constantly popping up that require attention, fixing or replacing... and it's been quite frustrating (and expensive!). Today my motivation got a some much needed propping up though.

In getting ready for the inaugural summer season Youngtimer Warsaw meeting (probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest classic/youngtimer car meets in Poland), I finally got round to getting the Williams stickers on the car (thanks wrighty!!). Nearly cried a little yesterday, because I bought these almost a year ago and when I peeled the protective paper off, at first it stuck to the decal as it had dried out. Thought they're ruined and would need to order more, but in the end I managed to get rid of what had stuck to the letters. Made some stencils, using masking tape, to get the right position of the stickers and stuck them on in the morning. As I pulled back the protective paper and saw the beautiful gold lettering on my just washed Williams, I nearly wet myself from joy. Like the "cherry on top", just thought this completely transformed the car and felt like the car is more done, than getting there.

So, off to the meet I drove, to be engulfed by a sea of BMWs, Mercs, FSO Polonezs, Fiat 126ps and 125ps. Typical Polish fare. While a lot of them were nicely done or smartly customised, it's just a bit saddening to see the lack of diversity (I'll post a link to some galleries, when they get added). When I asked where's the French section, I heard "there isn't one" and drove around for a bit, until I finally found the only French car there at the time (a white Citroen XM) and parked next to it. More Frenchies appeared later in the day (mostly 205s, a nice pearl white 5GTT, a Matra) but has to be said "we" were severely under-represented compared to the amount of German gear. Photo below of probably two of the more interesting cars at the meet ;)

The meeting took place on the old FSO factory test track - consider it the Polish Monza or Brooklands ;)

Long story short, with over 500 cars registered overall for the event, my car won first place in the Freshtimer category (cars produced 1990-95)!! The jury decided to award its uniquness and condition, which really was a boost for my morale Especially after a couple of hours standing around in the cold. I was actually on the verge of leaving prior to the results, but decided to stick around, not holding out much hope. 3rd place went to an old and fairly tatty Tavria, 2nd was a nice Twingo Graffiti ... and having heard that I thought no way am I going to hear my car called out next (just a different style / look). But alas, RENAULT CLIO WILLIAMS were the next words and I found myself jumping for joy :D Got a bloody huge gold trophy piston too!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mrodz; 22-04-2017 at 19:53.

What a great result from your first show, very well done.
    Thats a great trophy 👍

That's just about the best post of the year so far. Well done. Piston is almost a match for the wheels!

Excellent Job.... well done!

Forum User
    I've been looking through the online galleries last two days and have to say - the jury really seem to have gone against the grain with my car :D There's not a single photo of it!! Hardly any of the others that won in the category either. Oh well..

Links to some (non-Williams :P) galleries in the below FB posts for those interested.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1837...tab=discussion

Forum User
    Oh AND that same day I found out my Williams has REMOTE central locking :D My previous 16V had the IR immobiliser in the key fob, which you'd point at the IR scanner near the mirror. This didn't work in my Williams, so thought perhaps someone had done something with the immobiliser or mapped the ECU etc. By accident (was showing a friend how the immo used to work in my 16V) pressed the fob and heard the doors trying to lock :D No idea why it didn't work the first time I tried (probably a duff battery), but was very pleased to find out I don't have to physically use the key each time :D

that trophy is mega!

Forum User
    Found one! :D

Only realised now how all three cars have gold centre wheels, with a polished rim :D

Forum User
    After 5 years of (various) Clio ownership I finally made it to the Polish Clio club's annual meet. Wasn't as big as in previous years, but still, was great to meet with some like minded Clio addicts, for hours of chat and banter about the cars Four Willies (all numbered) and two 16Vs (unfortunately never managed to get all of them in one shot) - I'll be adding these to the register soon.

Forum User
    His & hers