Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 0366 - WY8494J

Forum User
    It's aliiiiive!! .. and by it I mean the blower :D Replaced the blower resistor - didn't help. Connected the blower itself straight to the battery to check and it span right ip. All fuses seemed fine, so the last element must have been the plug... quite obvious, looking at the plug itself. Took a while to find a good condition replacement part (had to be cut off a scrapped car as it's part of the wiring harness), but finally got it and connected up. Blower now works and means taking the car out to stretch its legs is a bit more bearable with the heater working :D

Forum User
    By the way, got a second Williams for Christmas... 1/43 scale :D

Forum User
    So... because progress had been painstainkingly slow (and it being winter over here) I only recently managed to drive the car in a little bit of anger. Turns out it cuts out at about 3.5k revs - like it's hitting the rev limiter. Any ideas? This happens both under load and in neutral / stand still.

Forum User
    Right... turns out revs are fine, it's the rev counter that's buggered and I was actually hitting the limiter :D

Anyway, some new parts came, joy oh lighter wallet joy. Air filter, expansion tank, hub, bearing, fuse panel, air vent and battery screw.

Attached Images Attached Images

loving the air vent - whats the part number for that please?

Forum User
    That's RHS and the part number is 7700802859 - although in all honesty only the back black bit is new, as I broke the connector rod for closing / opening flow. The gray front bit is originally from my car. Bought the whole thing though and would have replaced as it was, if it hadn't been for the fact that the little square dot on the left of the open / close regulator looks different to my original vent :/ Sou wouldn't match the one on the left!

so did it come with the grey front cover?

Forum User
    Haha.. yeah, sorry if not clear. The part number is for both the front and back bits. Just that the front is visually minimally different to original.

Forum User
    PS Not sure if the vent is still available from Renault - I bought this off someone as new old stock.

Forum User
    The parts... they just keep on coming!!