Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 0366 - WY8494J

getting some mileage in.

Hows she running?

Forum User
    Mileage wise, it's done just over 1k km over its time with me (nearing on two years now), so not that much ;) It is running a bit crap though, have to say. Since I decatted it (the cat was literally in bits), it's been making a bad noise, like a resonating tin, somewhere between 1.5-3k RPM. Now I always knew it's been doing that, you can here it from the inside, but only recently did I hear it by accident from the outside. You can hear me leaving a car meet, in the vid below - it really sounds horrible! So I need a new cat (ouch...), but before I buy a new cat, I need to fix the high idle. Just been struggling with finding a reliable mechanic, that I can trust with the car. So a bit stuck :(

https://www.facebook.com/events/1823...4922397817899/

Forum User
    Bit of an update.

Swapped over the clocks from a friend's 16V - has fixed the issue of incorrect revs (would show it's cutting off at >3k RPM, but I am sure it was revving upto the correct redline). Unfortunately has not fixed the issue of high idle - although initially seemed better, sitting at 1k RPM when started up.

Tried swapping over to an original negative battery connector, but couldn't clamp down on the lead well enough. Not sure what to do there :(

Also - one photo from a recent Renault club calendar photo shoot. Unfortunately was a cloudy day, so they had to tweak the colours and it's come out a lot lighter than it should.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mrodz; 28-08-2017 at 13:29.

Did a little retouchy thing on your previous pic but obviously very lo-res.

Hope you don't mind.

Regards Ian

Attached Images Attached Images

Forum User
    Ha, that's good! Thanks Shows how off the photo of just the Williams is with the colour :(

Quote Originally Posted by mrodz View Post
    Ha, that's good! Thanks Shows how off the photo of just the Williams is with the colour :(
    Yes...whoever retouched that has done something a bit strange, possibly decreased shadow end and increased highlight end to much.

Do you still have the original hi-res file?

Having said that colour is always subjective as monitors vary considerably.

Regards Ian

Have pmd you.

Regards Ian

do love your pictures Ian

Quote Originally Posted by northy View Post
    do love your pictures Ian
    Yeah....as you know Northy it's kinda my thang.

Cheers E

Forum User
    One step forward, one (potentially big) step back :/

Forever Blacked my scuttle panel - initially wasn't too happy as it looked like a fairly gloss finish, was expecting much more of a matte effect. After fitting to the car it doesn't look too bad though. Will do for now. Hopefully pics soon, if weather is nice.

Went down to change the dogbone mount in the car today, only to find a puddle under the car. Looks like after my last drive one of the heater matrix hoses decided to pack it in and developed a crack around the jubilee clip. Coolant is now slowly dripping from my Williams :( Coolant still wasn't looking terribly clean after the last flush, so hoping the heater matrix hasn't got clogged up and caused pressure build up that bust the hose!