I owned from new a MKI Renault Clio Williams from May 1994 till May 2009 registration number L423 OSC. At that time the car was sold for scrap for about £200, after being severely vandalised. Unfortunately I can't remember the plate number but I'm sure it was in the twenties. I see you have quite a few unaccounted for in the twenties (21, 23, 25, 27, 28 and 29). I seem to recall it was an even number like 26 but that is accounted for and all the others are odd except 28 which is my birth day and lucky number and I don’t recall it being that.

I’m currently looking to buy another Williams and have about nine I’m investigating at the moment. They are a mixture of I’s, II’s and III’s. I was one of the original complainers when they introduced the MKII and then the MKII having promised exclusivity with the MKI. I was a bit of a puritan when it came to the MKI which was built for rallying so was kept as light as possible with the exclusion of a sunroof, ABS and various electrics. As it’s for my wife I would be quite happy with a MKIII with the sunroof, ABS, electric windows, etc. She used to drive the Williams all the time after I got myself a Nissan Skyline GT-R33.

There is a story which I’m not sure if anyone has heard before about the introduction, I think in 1996, of the Clio Williams as a safety car in Formula 1. That was the year of Olivier Panis’ only grand Prix win in a Ligier-Mugen-Honda and Williams Renault won the constructor’s title with Damon Hill winning the driver’s championship again in a Williams Renault RS8 3.0 V10. During the practice sessions the safety car was being driven by a French Rally Driver, who must have fancied himself as an F1 driver, and when called in to action after one or two F1 cars crashed, he came speeding round the corner and piled into the back of the F1 car causing quite extensive damage to the F1 car and writing off the Clio Williams in the process.

The race report makes interesting reading as only 3 cars officially finished out of a field of 22.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Monaco_Grand_Prix