Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VSA

Finally a photographic update for all you picture lovers After bashing my finger, getting a cold and having to attend a course for work I've finally started work on the Williams

As I said previously I've decided to tackle it from the back to the front, started with the N/S Boot floor and bumper area.

I started by having a good poke around the boot floor with a screwdriver and before i knew it ...

Yep you guessed it a massive hole :( The Chassis rail needs replaced too so I'll have to get some thicker metal from the blacksmiths this week and get to making that ..

Anyway I decided since I didn't have any thicker metal to replicate a Chassis rail, I would instead tackle the the panel beneath the rear bumper that had quite a lot of surface rust and holes :( So no choice really, out with the old crusty metal, fabricate a new section and weld into place followed by a couple of coats of red oxide primer.

Please excuse my crap welding the welder at work isn't very good and I've not took my one in yet! I shall get some more photos up once I've fabricated the rear chassis rail .. then drop the tank out and do the other side

Quote Originally Posted by Crossers View Post
    True Phil, I only discovered the Facebook page yesterday! Its a little busier.

Welcome to the restoration club Mr (or maybe miss/Mrs/Ms)!) Wild. I finished #360 last year and am about to delve into whatever #285 has in store for me!

Paul
    Never did get to see #360 Paul. Maybe in the spring 2017 eh, #180 should be road ready by then.
    Good luck with the new project.

any updates on this project Wild?

It was listed on Gumtree last week by a what appears to be a different seller/town to the one on the ebay listing, it might be three owners now

I think he is maybe selling it illegally as I keep asking if the v5 is in his name and get no response, nor will he give out the reference number so I can check with DVLA. He bought it on the Saturday and by Monday it was on eBay. He paid a lot less than he’s selling it for and I don’t think he’s a dealer. Real shame as I used to see this car driving around when I was younger. Does anyone know if this is illegal?

Forum User
    I really wish people would stop using ' according to the how many left website blah blah ' it's bollocks and looks terrible in the description ....another favourite is - I've bought this as a project because I've always wanted one, but if I can make a killing I'll sell, if not I'll keep - well what is it..? Your either selling it or your not, if you wanted one that much, why sell...?
    All I can say is DO YOUR RESEARCH to any buyer of any car....
    Last edited by Danno; 29-10-2017 at 17:37.

Quote Originally Posted by an02rew View Post
    I think he is maybe selling it illegally as I keep asking if the v5 is in his name and get no response, nor will he give out the reference number so I can check with DVLA. He bought it on the Saturday and by Monday it was on eBay. He paid a lot less than he’s selling it for and I don’t think he’s a dealer. Real shame as I used to see this car driving around when I was younger. Does anyone know if this is illegal?
    It's pretty meaningless tbh, name on the v5 just means who is responsible for taxing the car plus you can get a v5 for any car in your name if you pay the £20 fee so I wouldn't think too much of it

Fair enough, I’m just gutted I was away last weekend when it was sold on Gumtree, lol. I would have liked it for a restoration. Remember seeing this going around about 9/10 years ago when I had my replica. One owner from new basically and then I think Wild has had it since then by the looks of it. Original guy passed away not too long ago. Just annoying this person that bought it wasn’t even interested by the looks of it and has put it straight on eBay. Moan over lol.

Sorry for not updating this guys and girls!

As you can see by the eBay posting I sold the car. Basically we didn't have time to restore her properly unfortunately, therefore we both came to the conclusion that selling it to someone who could restore her would be the best option. I sold it to a person that told me it would be his project over the winter and made all the right sounds and was even an ex Panel beater so could weld and restore a car far better than me!

Unfortunately it does seem like he has sold it on to another person who has sold it on eBay. If the guy i originally sold it to didn't sound so keen then i probably wouldn't have sold it to him and would've advertised it on here; or even kept her and eventually restore her.

On the downside the car did require extensive welding to the Floor, Crossmembers at rear, Inner Wings, Beneath the headlights, Bulkhead below the windscreen, Inner and Outer Sills and a few other wee niggly areas. I do hope one day the car does make another appearance on the road as it would be a lovely example if restored.

Edit: I've also had confirmation the v5 is no longer in my name!
    Last edited by Wild; 12-11-2017 at 19:29.