Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VSA

VSA

Recently purchased N448 VSA from a person local to me.

Will be undertaking a full overall From what i can see it needs so far:

Inner and Outer Sills
    Rear Chassis Legs
    Boot Floor Repairs
    Front Crossmember
    Inner wings
    Bulkhead repairs
    Floor Repairs
    Front Chassis rails
    Front Jacking Points

Although I'm sure it will probably need a lot more than that to get her sorted properly!!

Forum User
    that is a daunting list.. have a look through Phil's resto job.. he's done pretty much all that you have listed there;

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/show...805#post436805

So you basically bought some wheels and some seats? lol

Good luck with the project Wild and get some pictures up

Quote Originally Posted by Vandella View Post
    that is a daunting list.. have a look through Phil's resto job.. he's done pretty much all that you have listed there;

http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/show...805#post436805
    Yeah I've had a good read through it, Phil has some great fabrication skills! Luckily for me my mate and I are both mechanics and will tackle her together, We did a half-finished TR6 earlier this year and finished it a few months ago so this is the new venture haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris197F1 View Post
    So you basically bought some wheels and some seats? lol

Good luck with the project Wild and get some pictures up
    Pretty much! Oh and a steering wheel too No in all reality it's in reasonable nick considering, pile of service history and invoices, interior is more or less mint bar a wee hole in the drivers seat, Engine runs allbeit very rough! Think a new dizzy cap, rotor, leads and plugs should sort out the running. Then probably a new timing belt as we're not 100% sure the last time it was changed

Great buy... I ve discovered my W2 few months ago... Cracking motor... Surprising chassis...

With that list looks like you are going to do a proper job, which in my opinion is the only way to do it.
    Good luck with it, if you need it you will always find good levels of support on this site, this site is quiet these days but the people who know what they are talking about still seem to be about, cheers,

True Phil, I only discovered the Facebook page yesterday! Its a little busier.

Welcome to the restoration club Mr (or maybe miss/Mrs/Ms)!) Wild. I finished #360 last year and am about to delve into whatever #285 has in store for me!

Paul

Yeah I'll definitely be cutting out the rust fully and welding fresh sections of metal, wont be cutting corners, the only thing i may do which wont please the 100% purists is overlap welding which will be treated with weld through primer and plenty of primer, stone chip and protection

I wish there was another option for this one .. but just have to get on with it, will get some photos up once I've started it properly .. away on a course for the next couple of days so will probably be next week before any progress begins. Already got the front end off (Wings and Bumper) thats how i know the crossmember is shot.

wow Wild I think you have quite a job there - sounds like you got the skills tho. Do put some pictures up as it progresses! I'm sure you will be happy with the outcome - they are cracking cars to drive and own

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy C View Post
    wow Wild I think you have quite a job there - sounds like you got the skills tho. Do put some pictures up as it progresses! I'm sure you will be happy with the outcome - they are cracking cars to drive and own
    Definitely quite a task to undertake, Dunno about the skills haha!! Ill have to get some pictures up of the car as it currently stands - The plane is weld from the rear to the front ... well it is at the minute haha