Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why is the forum so badly run ?

Theres lots of good info and some really friendly members,

but it seems like nobody running it really cares anymore...

if someone pays you to upgrade to a paid member can you not pull your finger out and do that for them, I don't think its too much to ask

You also don't say that the membership is a recurring subscription that must be cancelled before the next payment, must be a few on here that never use it that pay for your Christmas presents !

Why are there no events running, has everyone just given up !

I thought these cars were worth celebrating ?

I found your comment quite hard...
    This forum has the merit to exist... and when I wanted to buy a Willams, that forum was for me of mine of information.
    I am not a payed member, if I was, that would mean that I would invest myself into the club and go to event, or organize some.
    There are only 200 williams left in this country, maybe same figure for valvers... it is clearly not a mini or MG club!!!
    I will give credit to the persons who started that forum, Northy, A&P, Gaztwo (sorry I don t know you all)...
    It is easy to shoot bullets because you are a paid member and have expectation...
    I have been in the past in many clubs... but with internet now, what is the point...
    I know where are my friends, and if I want to meet new ones in clio Williams "world"... I just pm them, phoned them, and go and see them...
    I think you should just by a williams, work on it, because you would not find a gem (or at what price???), and by then you would have made friends on here...

Cheers
    Fred

Membership activation does take too long in my opinion so can see where you're coming from.

I thought I was very polite the first couple of times I asked...

Forum User
    I don't like the recurring subscription and have pm'd northy to cancel mine with no reply .

If you paid with paypal you can cancel it yourself via your paypal account

Forum User
    The forum is definitely not the same place it was years ago....

I can only assume Northy has some personal issue otherwise he would have been on here and seen this.

Regards Ian

Forum User
    ive spoken with Northy today and he's just been busy.. he hasn't been able to get on for a few weeks.

I'm not sure if anyone else is an admin on here or has the power to sort the subscriptions out.. I believe its just Northy doing this.

I suppose as the numbers of these cars go down, not so many utilise this site.. its all mostly fb groups nowdays.. I still come here for chats and info and help.. its a great resource and has helped me along the way many times..

its just life getting in the way of running the site.. which happens to us all.. need to be a little more lenient/more understanding, I think.

A lot has changed since this site opened from what I can tell. I only came along a few years later myself, so some folk are loooong gone, but shall never be forgotten!

No one else has the power to sort subs out other than Northy.

There are moderators such as Mat Brown and LEIGHANNE I think.

I think that not only have some of the older players moved on in terms of life and priorities, but also Facebook has become a central meeting point for owners too. This site must not fade away though as it contains vast amounts of data we all rely on!

I shall send Northy a message on Facebook and link this post.

It would be good to have meets again.