Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NTC

Right cars out of storage and booked in at the garage for a service, cambelt and few other bits. The issue I have the car has only covered 111 miles since the last service. Is it worth servicing as the oil etc is still fresh or do I get the garage to do a general once over?

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    Right cars out of storage and booked in at the garage for a service, cambelt and few other bits. The issue I have the car has only covered 111 miles since the last service. Is it worth servicing as the oil etc is still fresh or do I get the garage to do a general once over?
    HI Fresh... I do about 400 miles a year and change the oil and filter yearly... it might be handy if you could do that yourself for two reasons... 1. You wouldnt have to give it to somebody else to get oily marks all over it.

2. you'll probs save a fair bit of money.

In this particular instance as they are doing cambelt etc....yes get them to change the oil and filter as well.

How are you getting on with your search for a Williams 1 ?

Regards Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ianbirch View Post
    HI Fresh... I do about 400 miles a year and change the oil and filter yearly... it might be handy if you could do that yourself for two reasons... 1. You wouldnt have to give it to somebody else to get oily marks all over it.

2. you'll probs save a fair bit of money.

In this particular instance as they are doing cambelt etc....yes get them to change the oil and filter as well.

How are you getting on with your search for a Williams 1 ?

Regards Ian
    Cheers Ian

I gave up doing stuff myself as I had a bad experience shearing some wheel nuts on a 19 16v .
    Like you said probably best to do it as is going in for other bits plus its ads another stamp in the book.

To be honest given up with all the lockdown and all. Plus I dont drive the cars I have so need to sort that out. But if the right car was to come up then who knows

Good job I decided to get the cambelt done. One of the tensioners bolts were rounded. Proof that it wasn't replaced when the belt was done last time or even the time before. Bit more work but at least I know it will be done properly

Good job I decided to get the cambelt done. One of the tensioners bolts were rounded. Proof that it wasn't replaced when the belt was done last time or even the time before. Bit more work but at least I know it will be done properly
    Oh well thats good... I guess your garage told you this. It amazes me what goes on... there are plenty of ways to get a rounded nut off.

With regard to the sheared wheel nuts they're probably the same ones as used on the Williams. Ive had two go but without much drama....just got the wheel off and wound the broken bit out of the hub and used a new one.

Regards Ian

Anyone got any addvice on removing the front door cards

Anyone got any addvice on removing the front door cards
    Hi fresh...sorry I've never taken them off a Williams but have removed them from other cars and generally pretty easy... think it is several screws around the door pocket and one behind the handle and then
    gently lever off with a plastic trim tool to avoid breaking the clips. There may also be some sticky bonding stuff but not certain about that.

Rgards Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ianbirch View Post
    Hi fresh...sorry I've never taken them off a Williams but have removed them from other cars and generally pretty easy... think it is several screws around the door pocket and one behind the handle and then
    gently lever off with a plastic trim tool to avoid breaking the clips. There may also be some sticky bonding stuff but not certain about that.

Rgards Ian
    Cheers will find out shortly

So turns out pretty much as above. One screw in the support Bradfor the door pocket. Also needed to take the internal wing mirror cover off to ease with the refit

Mot done...slight delay due to covid19...543 miles next year it will get driven more