Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NTC

Hybrid View

What do you think Ian...shame about the budget tyres ! Small paint flaking/chip under front NS headlight

Unfortunately another one that's miles from me near the South Coast

The tyres would be the least of my concerns... the rear stickers are horrible repro items which means its had the usual work done.

Which in itself may not be terrible but would need careful investigation... and christ what are those pin stripes about.

Looks like another one that could be ok though....

Regards Ian

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ianbirch View Post
    The tyres would be the least of my concerns... the rear stickers are horrible repro items which means its had the usual work done.

Which in itself may not be terrible but would need careful investigation... and christ what are those pin stripes about.

Looks like another one that could be ok though....

Regards Ian
    Hi Ian,

This is one of ours at Apsley Cars.

Yes! absolutely horrible stickers aren't they, can you obtain some Genuine Items or know somewhere where I can get some from?

The rear bootlid sticker was fading badly, hence the repro items - and yes, the rear arches will have been done at some point, hence the faded nature of the originals, someones actually lacquered over the original stickers! so it would be quite a job to replace them - but as you say, this, the tyres, and the small chip on the front bumper were the least of my worries when deciding to retail this otherwise solid Clio. We've not long had the cambelt done with a few other bits and it's a genuine example with a meticulous service record to go with it.

Thanks for the interest guys.

Alex

Forgot about the pinstripes, go faster stripes !

So i decided to go for the 3 and it was this one.

having gone over the car the only thing bodywork wise is the strip!! in the process of getting it off and replacing the stickers. (where can i get a set of stickers) and giving it a full service... engine, gear box and brakes

only issues are

a sticking fuel gauge
    boot lock not working
    an after market stereo (need a standard one)
    broken bonnet restraint
    and missing a 3 parcel shelf

it has been fitted with a chip....where would i find where its fitted

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    it has been fitted with a chip....where would i find where its fitted
    It will be a physical chip inside the ecu, how it's done is a chip carrier is soldered into the inside of the ecu and the chip is fitted into that

First job full service and change all the fluids

What engine and gearbox oil do people use?

Parts all ordered car booked in next Saturday for full service and check over