Thread: Opinion

Opinion

Hi guys,

I found a left hand Clio Williams 2 for sale, with a Devil roll cage in, 2 buckets seats and harnesses and with RS 172 engine in. I will go to see the car next week end (it is in France). what do you think it s worth? the owner has still the V5 but the car car is not road legal in France no more as it is not going through MOT. Would I be able to go through MoT in UK and therefore be able to use it on the road? Or do I need to put back an F7R engine in order to?
    thank you for your opinions.

cheers
    fred

Jesus Fred I thought my life was complicated ! Sounds like a potential track car at least

Worth a lot more in France than over here tbh, in fact prices for Mk1 Clios on the continent have always been a lot higher than they are here.

I think you're in the realms of it needing an SVA test along with all the other complications of importing a car which might be further complicated by not having the original engine

Bit of a difficult one to put a value on it as well, being non standard affects it somewhat. Obviously it depends on condition & for arguments sake lets just call it a very clean, caged up Mk1 track car with a 172 lump fitted, I'd expect to see it advertised for something around the £2 - 3k mark over here

Attached Images Attached Images

The idea is to be able to do hill climb and tracks, but I don t fancy trailing it, hence why i would like to have it road registered, so I can also go on french rally stages too... What s the current price for a F7R complete?
    2013 in Vercors... I would like to go back there with a williams... roads are immense!!!!With my Alpine A310 VE from 1971
    Attached Images Attached Images

A bit of playing on google came up with this https://www.justlanded.com/english/U...rmits/Vehicles and that you'd need to apply for an IVA

Looks a decent enough car though.

F7R's seem to be going for around £300-500 these days but (I'm gonna get flamed so hard for saying this) you'd probably be better off with the 172 lump in it plus you'd need to get the right engine loom as well