Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Wobba,

Thanks for the welcome, sorry to here about your car, hope you get it sorted. I'm on a part time level 2 IMI mechanics course at the moment, lets just say I'm a mature student ! Ive done quite a bit of detailing, been on a classic car restoration course and restored a couple of cars and sold them on using skilled professionals to help me (not easy to find people who know older cars) I soon realised that bodywork is a hell of a lot harder than it looks, so find a good pro or try and buy something that needs a minimal amount, easier said than done. Ive had a fair bit of experience with cars over the years but a hell of a lot to learn, and decided that I really needed to get more hands on knowledge hence the mechanics course. I get the feeling the Clio Williams is a good teacher, but hopefully not a cruel mistress.... I just joined yesterday as a subscriber so hopefully I can pick up as much help on here as and when I need it. Can see this being a serious adventure as you say. Its a rare car whichever mark. Early days for me, so any pointers feel free I'm here to learn.

Good luck getting yours sorted.

Oh dear oh dear... the Williams 3 I looked at yesterday was needing far too much TLC for my liking....I'm quite picky so I can see I might struggle.

I like cars which are pretty much standard when I buy them, or at the most something I can put back to standard and I'm not sure its possible to find anything like that now, or it would be mega money

By reading the other threads it sounds like the original exhaust systems are no longer available....is that right ?

Quote Originally Posted by A123 View Post
    Oh dear oh dear... the Williams 3 I looked at yesterday was needing far too much TLC for my liking....I'm quite picky so I can see I might struggle.

I like cars which are pretty much standard when I buy them, or at the most something I can put back to standard and I'm not sure its possible to find anything like that now, or it would be mega money

By reading the other threads it sounds like the original exhaust systems are no longer available....is that right ?
    I struggled to find anything but you can find odd bits here and there from what ive seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exhaust is showing as still available from....

http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/...&Submit=Search

I bought a rear section a while ago from RPD and it was fine.

Regards Ian

A bit difficult than the mk2 valver I used to have, thanks for the link

If you need any help viewing cars let me know and i will pop over as I am in Wigan