Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello from sunny Manchester !

Hi Williams Clio enthusiasts,

Just thought I'd say hello, and introduce myself briefly.

I'm on the look out for a decent car, after selling my mk2 golf gti 16v, earlier this year, and would like to try something else, something French !

Have owned all sorts of hatchbacks over the years, Fords, Saabs, Volvo, BMW, Audi, VW but strangely never a French car.

The Renault Clio Williams has definitely captured my imagination so far, if its better than my previous mk2 then I'm in for a treat.

If I can find one that's got a reasonable mileage and decent bodywork/paintwork then I will take the plunge.

If anyone has anything to offer please feel free to contact.

Cheers A123 (Alex)

I'm in Stockport and just bought a Williams one but in need of some work if your interested in a project

Hi Alex,

I was in your position few weeks ago, I have a W2 now, enjoying every minute of it before winter.
    I would say that wait to find the right one, be patient... Body work, parts are expensive, so research, see a couple and then she will come to you.
    The market is little, and prices still way below french market, so it is the right time to buy...

Cheers
    Fred

Welcome Alex, also from Manchester
    I was in the market for a Williams but ended up with a 182 Trophy

Forum User
    welcome i'am also from manchester .

Thanks guys for the friendly welcome

Thanks hny have you got a 1,2, or 3 ? or none of the above ?

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by A123 View Post
    Thanks hny have you got a 1,2, or 3 ? or none of the above ?
    currently i don't have one . waiting for the rite car .

Join the club, must be quite a few members of the Virtual Clio Williams Club

Hehehe :D

Welcome Alex!

I don't post here as much as I used to, but there a few of the others here that may be able to help out with your searching!

Since the 90's I wanted a Williams, and I finally got one about 8 years ago: No. 0217

It has been a serious adventure, I don't think I will ever sell it. It used to be my daily car and has been once or twice even when I had other nice cars with it, due to them breaking down. I think because I used it everyday it became a bit 'normal' for me, but for other people it is far from normal. It is a hot hatch Legend and provokes petrol heads and inquisitive folk to come over and ask me stuff about it. Before I blew it up about 4 months ago I had some new track day tyres put on, and when I came back the staff were taking pics of it outside.

My new job, there are quite a few people who know there cars, they keep asking me about it. I am only a lowly serf nowadays, but some of the top brass are petrol heads and have hunted me down to talk track days etc :D

It's a cracking car, going up in value fast, but if you know what you are doing with a spanner then mechanicals are quite easy to sort so you can source a few bargains still...