Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found 248

Quote Originally Posted by hny View Post
    i would say no where near 10k personally . each to there own i guess .
    In a few more years maybe but not yet!! Still deciding what to do as the paint needs a bit of work and there is a few cosmetic bits needed. Will post on here if I decide to sell as will put it on eBay.

I agree, £4 - £5k is realistic.
    A lot depends on what work needs doing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilW View Post
    I agree, £4 - £5k is realistic.
    A lot depends on what work needs doing to it.
    Cheers. Going to get it running this week and take it from there. Long story short I'm an auto locksmith and was called out to make keys to it and ended up buying it!! There's an aftermarket immobiliser I need to remove first so will see what I'm going to do with it after that.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony-APL View Post
    In a few more years maybe but not yet!! Still deciding what to do as the paint needs a bit of work and there is a few cosmetic bits needed. Will post on here if I decide to sell as will put it on eBay.
    yes maybe in a few years . keep us up to date with what you do or decide to do with the car .

Quote Originally Posted by hny View Post
    yes maybe in a few years . keep us up to date with what you do or decide to do with the car .
    Thanks mate will do.

And thanks for the help guys.

I think the value will depend a lot on whether you have paperwork to back up the 65k mileage.

Most of the people on this forum would buy a car on condition. There are lots of cars which look shiny on the outside but are hiding major problems underneath. If you know it's been fixed and you want a car to drive, that's the one for you, even if it's got 150k on the clock. But a 150k car is probably not going to be big money in the foreseeable future.

However, if you are an 'investor', who wants to buy a car to salt away for a perceived potential to make money, you won't touch anything with more than about 85k, and ideally want less than 25k.

If yours looks the part, the mileage is just about okay for someone like that, and if you get two of them in an auction room, the price could be much higher. Two fairly big ifs there, but that could well change if the classics market continues as it is at the moment.

You will need some proper wheels though!

Agree on the wheels!! Have no docs with the car at all so have applied for a log book but not got any history or anything. Still deciding what to do as yet as been to busy to even have a proper look at it underneath etc yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony-APL View Post
    Agree on the wheels!! Have no docs with the car at all so have applied for a log book but not got any history or anything. Still deciding what to do as yet as been to busy to even have a proper look at it underneath etc yet.
    Ouch! No paperwork is a big issue. When you get a V5 you can write to the DVLA and pay £5 and ask for details of previous owners and copies of MOTs. (You need to have a reason; I'd say that checking the odometer's mileage to make sure no fraud has happened is the best possible reason for this.) You never know, one of those previous owners might have a sheaf of paperwork for the car sitting round, it has happened. For the sake of £5 and a few stamps you could put a good £1000 on the value of the car.

And if you get those wheels the polished lip is absolutely essential.

What are your plans for the car Anthony ?