Forum User

Need Advice on Selling

Hello

Have just joined the forum. I'm not an enthusiast as such but have come here looking for advice. My stepdad owned a Williams Clio for years but it needed some welding done so he took it off the road and garaged it till he could get the work done. Unfortunately, he became ill with cancer and died before he'd got very far with it. He decided to strip out the car and have it as a project to take his mind off the illness but didn't get much more than that done. We are now left with the car ready for someone looking for a project but don't really know where to get started trying to sell it. My stepdad thought it was probably worth around £2000 in its current state. We really need to get the garage cleared so we can use it ourselves so need to get it sold. Can anyone give me advice on what to do and what it might be worth? Is anyone here interested? Location is near Aberdeen.

Details are as follows:

Clio Williams 3
    Reg: N448 VSA
    Date of reg: 31-10-95

Has been owned from new by him and regularly maintained. Not sure of the mileage - would need to check. Photos below.

Attached Images Attached Images

Forum User
    hi, sorry to hear about the circumstances which lead you here..

where abouts did it need welding? if you can find milage, and some pics of the sills and arches as these normally go first to the rust... as many underside pics as you can get.. from the back pic it looks like the chassis rails would need doing as the rust has come through there..

You're in the right place to start with selling this.. next would be the facebook group as that is more active than here..

I don't think you're far off that price tbf.. would need some more details of the vehicle and pictures if possible..

Forum User
    I'll get some more pics. What do you mean by the sills and arches? I'm guessing the mileage will be on the high side as he bought the car to drive and enjoy, not to have as a treasure in the garage. It was very well maintained though and serviced every 6 months. The only thing I can remember about where it needed welding was on the chassis somewhere. And what other details are needed?

It had done 119k on its last mot in 2009 which it failed on quite a lot of corrosion. Sadly it's what happens to W3's.

Hi, did this sell as it would be an ideal project for me.

Subscribed Member IRISH-WILLIAMS's Avatar
    still for sale?

Would be very interested in viewing/purchasing the car if it is still for sale, we stay in Aberdeenshire.

The other half owns N 474 VSA, Williams 3 it was also registered on 31/10/95 and she has owned it from new, supplied by Anderson cars in Aberdeen as I believe yours was.

Tried to send a personal message through the forum but for some reason it appears I'm restricted for the moment. Please give me a call on 013398 83618 or 07732532404.

All the best, Fuzzy

Forum User
    Hi Everyone. Sorry, I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and didn't get any notifications that there were replies to this thread. The car was sold a few days ago. If the sale falls through, I'll post here but at the moment it's getting picked up at the weekend.