Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A123 View Post
    But I also think you might be wrong !

Youre a lot nearer to Sussex than I am !

Only a muppet would buy that car IMO
    Oh sorry I assumed you had been and looked at this one.... I'm not in the market to buy another Williams but was just interested that somebody may have looked at it.

Good luck with your viewings tomorrow.. beware of ones that may have been superficially repaired already.

Regards Ian

Hi Ian,

I tried to get the garage to send me more photos of the car sills etc etc but they haven't

Its a bit far to go for me really as the garage isn't really bothered, they sell classic Porsche etc so that says it all.

The guy was snotty on the phone, sounded like he had a plum up his !

Maybe I was too direct with him.....

Forum User
    If I was looking at paying 11k for a williams, It wouldn't be on a 3 for sure.

If it was mint on 46k miles warranted, Id be tempted...What have you got Danno ?

If anyone that comes on here has a decent car I'll give em decent (not silly) money for it, just PM me

I'm looking for original cars that have been driven and used but are in good nick, not garage or show queens

They may have had bodywork or paint but have proof of a proper job.

PS

Am I starting to sound like a desperate man ! Ive got Williamsitis ! Anyone got a cure ?

I am afraid not!!!! When you have the bug... it is too late... The Williams is for me the ultimate GTI of mid 80 s to mid 90 s... probably the first RS of renault...
    I am really glad to have one in my garage.

How does it compare to a mk2 golf gti 16v 3door if youve driven them ? I had an 89 small bumper for a couple of years I thought it was a great car although not really that quick by todays standards but lovely feel to the drive, mine was totally original apart from a mk3 gear shift weight...5th gear took a bit of getting used to...lovely engine noise...its up for sale again tempted to buy back but fancy a change and only have one garage which im hoping is going to be filled by a Williams. Should I hold out for a 1 or get what I can find now ? Can only see them getting rarer and dearer. Gonna see a 3 today its got an aftermarket steering wheel which is fine but sourcing an original looks tricky although could be an adventure..parts in general look fairly thin on the ground compared to the mk2...thoughts please

I wanted a one, but bought a 2, only does not have the gold number on dash, otherwise same car, same feel... I think the Williams is the pinnacle of light, balance, traction, if you can keep the revs up on twisty road then you will leave a lot of cars behind... it is a very predictable car to drive... As I said, take your time... the chase is after all part of the enjoyment...

Forum User
    N273BYD - Is currently advertised for £14,875, and it's a 5 minutes down the road from me
    I'm tempted to go and have a look at what all the hype is about

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C859524

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...istory/7116269

I missed the previous adverts. Is this the same person selling it, or have they bought it hoping to flip the car for a profit?