Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    For some reason Phil Im showing as a forum user rather than a subscribed member so I can't see your thread anyway...

Cheers Ian

Quote Originally Posted by PhilW View Post
    I'm behind where I wanted to be Ian (should have been on the road now), but its well on the way. Just finishing off replacing all the brake pipes, then the all new front suspension will be going in. Rear axle is complete now and most of the interior is back in.
    I have the re engineered short engine in an engine stand waiting for me to put it back together, so then the engine and gearbox can go in.
    In essence, its 2 weeks worth of time away from being finished, but I'm trying to fit it in with family life, work and other projects.

TBH, I decided not to update the thread any further, as I find it takes ages to do each update (copying the correct images from photobucket) and nobody acknowledged the last update that I posted, so I thought why bother. I may update it at some time in the future, when I have more time.
    Northy did! Just read it now, don't know how I missed it. If doing the photobucket links takes ages, just put one in and tell us to go on photobucket instead.

We will understand, and we do appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossers View Post
    Phil, I have my brake pipe tools back now if you need them!

Paul
    Cheers Paul, but I have now made all my pipes up. I just need to link the engine bay pipes up to the rear pipes this weekend (2 bulkhead joins) and thats me done. I have to say that the brake pipes have been the biggest challenge so far for me. Trying to copy the original pipe flow, especially the rear section to and from the brake balance was a nightmare. I'm happy with the final result though.

However if they leak I'll have to set fire to the car 😉

Registration of this car at nearly 11k is N273BYD ! Mileage may well be correct but it needs work !

Failed MOT in July 2015 and has never been retested, as already stated bodywork looks poor on sills drivers side.

Quote Originally Posted by A123 View Post
    Registration of this car at nearly 11k is N273BYD ! Mileage may well be correct but it needs work !

Failed MOT in July 2015 and has never been retested, as already stated bodywork looks poor on sills drivers side.
    I take it you went and looked at this one but discounted it due to condition... it maybe still be worth a punt if you don't mind getting the bodywork done.

Perfect condition (as in no bodywork needed) low mile W3s are now going for 20 plus K.

As for W1 in the same condition there either aren't any or they just don't come up for sale.

Regards Ian

For 11k it should be spot on....drive away and enjoy for a while

Quote Originally Posted by A123 View Post
    For 11k it should be spot on....drive away and enjoy for a while
    You would hope so wouldn't you.... but as i was trying to say in my previous post if it had perfect bodywork on those miles it would probably go for more than the 11k
    being asked....and sell.

Regards Ian

Then I wouldn't be buying it, I'd be buying an E36 M3 Evo with under 100k miles in perfect condition

The classic car market has gone mad !

Ian I am starting to think you might be right !

But I also think you might be wrong !

Youre a lot nearer to Sussex than I am !

Only a muppet would buy that car IMO