Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum User
    £Offers?

Doesn't work like that!

Forum User
    Are you a moderator? I can't tell from your sig.

Apologies to the mods if I've broken the site selling rules. I don't think I'm being misleading and I'm not trying to gain an advantage by asking for peoples' input. I've posted here because it's the owners' club and it'd be good if the car stays with an enthusiast.

I'm not singling you out here but it's a cars for sale thread, so by rights the cars in this thread need to be for sale, and for something to be for sale it needs a price - if it states offers then be prepared for "I'll give you £400" replies, an "offers" thread is basically saying I don't know how much it's worth or I don't know what I want for it - these threads need to be in a "What's my car worth" thread.

I'm back in the market for another Williams and I have to dig through what is and what isn't for sale - other forums would delete this thread straight away.

Forum User

Additional Pics with the bad bits

I put the new battery in and it started up straight away with no issues so I let it run up until the fans cut in. I also moved the car around the drive and there were obvious bugs.

I took a few more pics on the bits that'll need work:

The car is actually on 81k. I'm intending to get the car serviced and MOT'd next week if possible, but the bank holiday may slow things down. There's a replacement standard airbox for fitting and a downpipe which I was intending to have a SS replica made. There's also a set of silicon hoses to go on at some point.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kris2012; 27-05-2016 at 19:04. Reason: Make it read better.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz. View Post
    I'm not singling you out here but it's a cars for sale thread, so by rights the cars in this thread need to be for sale, and for something to be for sale it needs a price - if it states offers then be prepared for "I'll give you £400" replies, an "offers" thread is basically saying I don't know how much it's worth or I don't know what I want for it - these threads need to be in a "What's my car worth" thread.

I'm back in the market for another Williams and I have to dig through what is and what isn't for sale - other forums would delete this thread straight away.
    It's ok, I don't feel singled out at all.

I've looked online at Williams for sale and the prices range from £5-10k. I've no idea what condition they're in relative to mine and, when I purchased it, prices were rock bottom so obviously the market has changed a bit. I don't have the time to go and look at similar cars so I've asked for the input of people who are in the market and may have seen a few recently.

I can live with the possibility that other forums may delete my post and if that's what the mods want to do then I've no issues. If they'd rather it got moved or re-named then I'm happy with that too.

It is for sale though

Forum User
    I meant to write there were NO obvious bugs. It drove fine.

Subscribed Member IRISH-WILLIAMS's Avatar
    is this still for sale

Forum User

Updated. MOTd. 81k. £5000

The car was MOTd last month. Mileage is just over 81k

Recent work:

New OEM springs and shocks front and back and tracking done
    New Bosch battery
    New front jacking points from French seller on eBay (R5GTT seller)
    New central locking actuators both sides
    New OEM driver's side door latch
    New battery earth cable
    New rear wiper blade
    New rear brakes and pads
    Earth cables cleaned etc.

Previous work (around 2014/5:

Power Gaskets gasket set
    OEM Clio Williams Exhaust
    New distributor spark plugs
    New spark plug cover
    New OEM accelerator cable
    New cambelt.

Parts included:

Silicon Hose Set
    Replacement used downpipe (planned to have a SS copy made)
    Standard Airbox with connection pipes and mounting bracket.
    K&N panel filter.
    Replacement 2nd hand scuttle panel
    Various replacement stickers including engine and Williams 3 from here.
    New Lucas front wiper motor
    Two replacement pattern Clio 1 sills

The car drives very well and there are no obvious mechanical issues. The front wipers were slow when I last checked so I bought the new motor, but this may have been battery related. The passenger side window regulator is slow and probably needs replacing. The doors are de-locked (wasn't me), but key I have works in the ignition and the boot. I've misplaced the 2nd key after moving house a couple of times, but I'm reasonably confident of finding it.

Body wise, nothing was mentioned on the MOT, but it has obviously been painted on a few panels in the past including rear arch repairs. The work is fairly good and I've got some new pics which shows that it scrubs up really well, but I'm an absolute perfectionist so I'd be having it all corrected if I was keeping the car.

I'm thinking £5000 judging by current selling prices. I've been following completed sales on eBay and and cars that need well over £1500 of work done sold for £3.5k but, to be fair, there aren't that many for sale to compare.

I took a few recent pics, but I'm having trouble using the uploader. If any mods can help let me know.

Happy for feedback.

Kris
    Last edited by Kris2012; 08-06-2017 at 19:30.

Forum User

Pics

Attached Images Attached Images