Thread: 0327 - L875MHJ

0327 - L875MHJ

0327 - for sale williamsclio April 2016

Owned by member Willy1

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by northy; 27-04-2016 at 08:31.

0327 on car and classic

£4500

In 2010, the Renault Clio Williams was voted by experts and published in Auto Express as the "greatest hot hatch" from the past 30 years.

In 2009, the Williams came in at number 30 of Evo magazine's "100 Greatest Drivers' Cars Countdown" article.
    One of its many other accolades was 6th place in Evo's "Car Of The Decade" feature in 2004.

I am now selling one of the very few left still up and running, out of the 400 Williams 1s ever built in the UK. Number 327.

Under the NACA-ducted bonnet that opens from the front, you have a unique 2.0 L 16-valve straight-4 naturally aspirated multi-point injection engine producing 145-155 bhp (depending on who you ask) at 6100rpm. Meanwhile max torque is 129 lbs-ft at 4500rpm; 85% of which is available at just 2500rpm. 0-60mph is 7.6-7.8s (again depending on who you ask) and apparently tops out at 134mph.

This particular specimen has been in storage most of it's 10 year life with me. Taking it out and having to evaluate it, it does need work done to the body. It has 3 rust patches, 2 on the body and 1 on the skirt and the inside boot latch is also corroded, common with this model. Since advertising, I have not had time to arrange viewings except to one person. The value is debatable but as it stands I am reducing the price now to £4500. The engine is running fantastic - It has a new battery and had an oil and water change and flush before starting her back up again from storage. Gearbox and clutch is a little stiff from sitting. The interior is in excellent condition. If you are good with bodywork, grab yourself a piece of driving history and contact me. I am located in Milton Keynes.

Attached Images Attached Images

Forum User
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-L-RE...8AAOSwzrBawXdJ

Come up for sale after being restored

Dunc

not done any more miles since. No Mot since 2016 and was a massive fail so it needed the work

You really would have thought as it was being photographed to sell they could have kept the drivers carpet clean...amateurs!!

Regards Ian

Very true

Wrong grill
    Wrong rear wiper
    Rear boot badges wrong position

For 13k you need to get this right!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair point and well spotted Winters01.

Certainly no attention to detail or research was done during this restoration. Not much for someone to put right though.

Quote Originally Posted by Winters01 View Post
    Wrong grill
    Wrong rear wiper
    Rear boot badges wrong position

For 13k you need to get this right!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently bought this Williams 1 and now have it on the road again having passed its MOT. Several things still to do and a few bits that I need to find.
    The car now is in the North East of England.

Welcome on board...

Regards Ian