* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH

building a garage / diy ?

I am toying with the idea of building a garage at the end of the garden which is about 60 foot long. I have been to the local planning office and been informed up to the height of 2.5 metres tall I would not need any planning permission as long as the garage space is not taking more than %50 of the total garden area. I am only thinking of 20-25 foot long max so its all good.

Any builders etc in the club that give me a few pointers as to where to start with this and roughly how much it would cost to build a 16ft x 24ft garage ,What material to build it with and whether it is diyable or not ?

Attached a photo of my garden in question ,a garage similar to my neighbour`s on the left would be ideal.

thanks a lot in advance all

Attached Images Attached Images

I don't see why you can't diy it. I've got a shed at the bottom of the garden I like from Tiger sheds who also do garages - http://www.tigersheds.com/other-buil...arages/wooden/ I didn't put it up myself in the end which was annoying a bit but probably for the best. There are fifty zillion ways of doing it.

I'd get someone else to do the floor if it was me. Digging + concrete = too much like hard work.