Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to identify the Williams version?

Hey guys,
    I've read all differences posts and i'm still unsure. It seems my one is Monaco Blue, so it could be a Williams 3 (LHD). A previous owner claims it might be a Swiss Champion (so as Williams 2 but with Monaco Blue and some gadgets).

Is it possible to check the version or special edition via VIN recoding? Or are there any Renault databases which could be helpful (maybe through a contact with Renault Switzerland which probably was the source of this particular car)?

Thanks!

Look at the VIN on the plate or the suspension strut top, it will say C57D or C57M on it somewhere.

C57M is the williams

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy View Post
    Look at the VIN on the plate or the suspension strut top, it will say C57D or C57M on it somewhere.

C57M is the williams
    Yep, i know that and it's a Williams for sure. But the question is: is it W3 or W2 Swiss Champion, as the colour is the same?

It might be missing some details as it do not have a Swiss Champion Nardi Torino steering wheel or CD changer (but it has some aftermarket audio so it isn't an argument as changer might have been throwed out). It has an electric sunroof, but no ABS as the W3.

SC should have a gold plaque like the W1. Could have been taken out of course.

Parcel shelf is blue in SC... Again, might have been swapped.

Reading up, apparently SC may have different headlight adjustment? I'm not sure, it's translated from French.

What sort of paperwork/history came with the car? I'm sure the SC was only on W3 as a mark of the final Williams made. How do you know it doesn't have ABS?

Yeah, all details may be swapped and that's the problem.

What was the headlight adjustment?

Oh, and how the instrument lightning (or sth like that) look like in W3 comparing to W2?

it has a Clio manual, Williams brochure, wallet, service book (but i don't have it with me right now, i need to take them from the previous owner as he forgot that he have all of it). I need to check the ABS by myself, a previous owner told me yesterday that it don't have an ABS, but i need to check it in my garage.

I already wrote to Renault Switzerland and the dealer who sold the car as a new, maybe they would help.

I'm not sure what it said about the headlight adjustment, it just said "headlight adjustment on Swiss Champion" but of course all Williams had the dial thing to adjust the height... Unless there's an electronic variant?

Tracking down the car's history is probably your best bet. If we lived 20 years in the past this would all be a whole lot easier :P

Renault Switzerland replied today with some basic info: The vehicle identification number (VIN) has disclosed certain pieces of information: version CLIO 3WILLI2, type/number of production C57M / F010620 Type, motor type F7R.

Does Clio 3WILLI2 means it is a Wiliiams 2 or Clio phase 3? Any one seen such code before?

Swiss Champion is colour code 432.

Swiss champion besides the colour and differente number plate (1 to 500 Swiss Champion Logo), has differente steering wheels, sony radio with cd on the glove compartment.

Also blue shelf.

I have one Swiss Champion.

Thanks.

Your photo do not appear :(

Are there any differences in the equipment, besides what you mentioned? Can it be deducted from the VIN?