Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Williams 2

Williams 2

My dad has a williams 2 owned from new 38000 miles on the clock not run for years any ideas best way to get ready for the summer?

Full service.

All the fluids
    Can belt kit
    Aux belt kit
    Waterpump
    Spark plugs
    Oil & filter change
    Air filter change.

What do you recon the cost of that would be? And could you recommend anywhere in the NW area!

Probably the annual budget for a Central American country

Where you based? I know a decent garage in Appleton who knows his way round a williams Clio.

Quote Originally Posted by Williams2obu View Post
    What do you recon the cost of that would be? And could you recommend anywhere in the NW area!
    Where is the NW?

your car sounds nice - any picture's for us to have a look at?

MancHester area.

Hartford. Not to far away!

If it hasn't run for years the petrol will be off. Potentially the piston rings could be stuck. So before you start it I would drain in the fuel tank of fuel remembering there are 2 tanks. Take the spark plugs out spray wd40 into the piston chamber let it soak for a few hours, place the car in 4th gear and gently rock it making sure the crank moves. If ok then turn the engine over on the starter checking oil pressure. Put your spark plugs back in. With fresh fuel in start your engine. Once warm drain the old oil put the cheapest and thinnest oil in you can find with a new filter. Run your engine till warm and then replace the oilwith decent stuff and filter at the same time. Check the tires aren't cracked up if it hasn't been raised off the ground, more than likely flat spotted as well. I would also get your injectors cleaned.
    Hope that's helpful.