Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 16V love

16V love

Am I the only one deeply interested in the 16V up for sale?

http://www.fast-classics.com/cars/re...-16v-for-sale/

The turbine alloys, the natty seats, it's all so understated. 51K miles, just about enough to show it's been used properly so may not have every item of rubber fail within 200 miles of purchase.

I've sometimes thought about turbine wheels to tone the Williams down, but I must admit I find myself seriously tempted to buy this car and use the Williams as a winter banger for it, or even chop the old girl in for it.

I thought I'd take a look at the competition, but there is just one slightly dodgy looking hybrid 16V/172 engine/body kit/needs a load doing I can see why they're getting rid the whole thing got out of hand and she says it can't stay on the drive.

Maybe I've lost the ability to filter Clio 16V on Ebay ('Not Williams': 0, 'Valver': 0). There's a rather nice diesel RT and some pampered auto RNs knocking around, but it seems that mk1 Clios have vanished.

It won't be long until there are more Williams than Valvers around. In fact I daren't look on How Many Left because it may have already happened. Certainly the days of the £250 'buy it for the rear quarters' 16V bargain seem to be gone, thank God.

That price looked ridiculous to start with but from where I am, it's not looking silly at all right now, just a few quid more than a brand new Renault made in Romania.

*sigh*

Pretty sure Williams outnumber valvers now

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy View Post
    Pretty sure Williams outnumber valvers now
    That really doesn't surprise me. If you put this and the low mileage Williams that failed to auction last week next to each other at a French classics car show, I'm pretty sure which one would get all the attention.

Edit - there are some (well, three I think) valvers on car and classic, but mainly Williams clones, which is a shame. Nice one in Portugal, which would make for an entertaining drive home.
    Last edited by Ayli Carper; 01-02-2016 at 19:27.

Forum User
    You need to join the 16V owners group on FB - cars pop up for sale now and again there. The car in question was also discussed there, seems like it was pimped up for sale and has had some nice photos taken (having previously been sold for under 3k if I remember correctly).

Just to bump this thread a bit, is there any actual demand for valvers?

I think it is a crying shame they are not more loved, they all seem to have disappeared and no-one cares

The issue I have is that mine needs a load of bodywork doing as it's been standing for so long (I was supposed to have got rich by now and overhauled it, but life is a bit crap really...) But if I sell it then I fear it will just be broken for parts rather than made better again

Quote Originally Posted by white16valver View Post
    Just to bump this thread a bit, is there any actual demand for valvers?

I think it is a crying shame they are not more loved, they all seem to have disappeared and no-one cares

The issue I have is that mine needs a load of bodywork doing as it's been standing for so long (I was supposed to have got rich by now and overhauled it, but life is a bit crap really...) But if I sell it then I fear it will just be broken for parts rather than made better again
    i might be up for a project soon 😀

Lets have a look at the beauty. I have a soft spot for the phase 1 or 1.5, ideally in black but white would do 😎

Quote Originally Posted by theweekendhaslanded View Post
    i might be up for a project soon 

Lets have a look at the beauty. I have a soft spot for the phase 1 or 1.5, ideally in black but white would do 
    ...if it's anything like my old 'standing for so long' car, it might well be green by now.

I hope this match-up works out. Put up some pictures please!

Forum User
    I had mk2 16v 15 odd years ago. I loved that car. Even did a car check on it the other day, 198000k and still taxed and mot'd so must be knocking around somewhere.
    Agree they must be harder to find than a williams.

do you have a reg Alex so i can check up?

Forum User
    M313 TPU