Am I the only one deeply interested in the 16V up for sale?

http://www.fast-classics.com/cars/re...-16v-for-sale/

The turbine alloys, the natty seats, it's all so understated. 51K miles, just about enough to show it's been used properly so may not have every item of rubber fail within 200 miles of purchase.

I've sometimes thought about turbine wheels to tone the Williams down, but I must admit I find myself seriously tempted to buy this car and use the Williams as a winter banger for it, or even chop the old girl in for it.

I thought I'd take a look at the competition, but there is just one slightly dodgy looking hybrid 16V/172 engine/body kit/needs a load doing I can see why they're getting rid the whole thing got out of hand and she says it can't stay on the drive.

Maybe I've lost the ability to filter Clio 16V on Ebay ('Not Williams': 0, 'Valver': 0). There's a rather nice diesel RT and some pampered auto RNs knocking around, but it seems that mk1 Clios have vanished.

It won't be long until there are more Williams than Valvers around. In fact I daren't look on How Many Left because it may have already happened. Certainly the days of the £250 'buy it for the rear quarters' 16V bargain seem to be gone, thank God.

That price looked ridiculous to start with but from where I am, it's not looking silly at all right now, just a few quid more than a brand new Renault made in Romania.

*sigh*