So finally got to finish what I started talking about above.

I gathered the following parts together:

1. Recon gearbox.
2. 172 clutch
3. Ktec lightened flywheel
4. Soft pedal conversion
5. Omex 600 and loom
6. injectors, sensors etc

Car already had Kent cams, a full supersprint exhaust and a carbon custom cold air feed induction.

I tried to get someone in Ireland to do the work including the mapping but the only guy I would trust to do it all didn't show any interest, so therefore I looked to England. I drove the car to Ktec, left it there for a few weeks and returned to collect it Friday gone by.

To say I'm delighted with the results would be an understatement, what I wanted was for the car to be optimised and take advantage of the exhaust and cams. I expected about 10 HP max and really just wanted the power curve to be linear.

The car now has 174BHP and 135 lb-ft, the power curve is unbelievably linear and produces max power at about 7000 revs. I had on a the rollers in Ireland last year and it was 148BHP so thats a pretty big increase, I know everyone's rolling road can be different and there is the obvious possibility that K-tec have massaged the results but how the car feels is just class, I mean it certainly feels 26 hp the better, it's an absolute belter. The exhaust tone has changed slightly, it now makes a lovely burble when you let off at aggressive speeds.

The lightened flywheel has made a very apparent change, the first time I started the car the needle almost bounced through the dash ha. What I have also noticed is the way the power increases from gear change to gear change with little or no drop off.

All in all I will now be eating bread for the next six months but I'v got a really quick Williams so don't care.

Oh yeah.......... how the hell does anyone drive around the east of England without killing someone in frustration, at one stage I sat for 1 hour in traffic on a country road. Mental stuff.