Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No. 379 for sale

Hi, just wanted drop in an ad for my Williams

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...&M=1026&Page=1

The car has been a long time in the making, what started off as a little bit of rust work ended up being a comprehensive re-build. Pretty proud of it and a little sad to see it go, but I need a van and the clio needs to make space for it.

The only bit I'm struggling with is the service history. the book is stamped up to 68,000 in 2003, after that the previous owner decided stamping the book wasn't necassary. Having said that Ive done so much work to it I think it's a little academic.

I'm taking the car to Goodwood for the pistonheads meet on the 13th December if anyone fancies a look.

I also have access to an inspection pit so I'm happy for anyone to come over and take a good look at the underside which is looking really good and rust free!!!

Your car looks nice. Its always good to have a full history for a car, but to be honest when they reach this age as you say its gets a little academic and I would tend to go more on condition than anything else.
    Anyway, its (relatively) cost effective to sort out and freshen up mechanicals on a Williams.......Bodywork and chassis on the other hand, very, very expensive to do properly.

Good luck with the sale 👍

There's only one way to buy a car - on condition, particularly old French ones. On that basis and looking at your photos, someone would be foolish not to buy yours.

Bits of paper are nice in a folder, but you can't drive them.

Have you contacted DVLA for a list of previous owners? (Costs £5 you have to word the request very carefully) Someone may have a stack of invoices fallen down the back of a radiator somewhere.

I was just looking at the gov website
    MOT info goes back to 2005 and shows info like notifications and reasons for failing. Odometer readings go back to 2011

Meant advisories not notifications

If you ask for MOTs they send copies of the actual forms. It does take weeks to get a reply unfortunately. As I say you have to be careful in how you word the application form - if you don't ask for something you don't get it and if you haven't got a good reason you don't get it either.

I found out my old Fiat had been imported from Libya. It's amazing what you can find out.

You can do an instant search for free for mot history
    With the websites don't think you need to have the actual forms just print off the history

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Cheers for the advice guys, having quite a bit of interest so will try and pull the MOT history together.