Cat back exhaust and Induction

Very recently back to Williams ownership and loving every minute. Car is pretty mint and running @ 167BHP however the current exhaust from CAT back is not fitting as exactly as I would like so am I going to change it.
    My last Willaims had a mongoose exhaust which was lovely but any other recommendations out there, Janspeed, Magnex, Scorpion? I don't want a huge bore sticking out so something nice and modest.

Also and I know this is going to cause an uproar but I want to put an induction kit on. I know about heat soak etc and that I will probably lose some performance but I will try to minimise this with a simple cold air feed, I am really just doing this for the noise and to take me back to the days of my first ownership. I will keep the original air filter to put back on one day!

So Pipercoss (which i recently had), K&N or ram air? any thoughts or preferences or pretty much all the same?

Thanks

Forum User
    any idea's as to what's been done to get your 167? cant help with the above unfortunately, as mines OE airbox and exhaust..

would be interesting to know/gathers peoples opinions for the current parts market.. as i'm not sure scorpion will still do one for this car..

I'm not sure yet, just have the rolling road prints out but I have the biggest pile of paper work, receipts etc to go through so when I've done that I shall post my findings.

I think new aftermarket/performance exhausts for mk1's are mostly unavailable or no londer produced these days. I think you can still get new ones from Oreca or OMP though.

If it's making 167 I'd presume it's got Piper 270 or similar profile cams in it, removing the distributor will let you look at the end of the exhaust cam, it will have numbers stamped on it to indicate what cams they are

All the car had done was a green panel filter and a devil cat and devil straight thru centre section and backbox. That is unless the zorst system has been changed??? Is it still mega loud??? There should be a receipt for that system for £400. Had it welded up in the end at pipecraft in Basildon.
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    are devil exhausts still obtainable new.. I've seen posts about it depending on who you go to.. or rather who can be bothered to search/track the parts down.. I know that they were more a grp n, grp a and rather loud.. occasionally see bits pop up on French ebay and some French sites but they look battered n not worth the money.. would be interesting to know that's all.. how did you come about yours Fatboy?

omp: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Ligne-Groupe-...UAAOSw9N1VnR9z
    Last edited by Vandella; 20-10-2015 at 17:00.

i went to this company http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/ and it took them ages to source it. but they delivered the goods in the end. but that was 5/6 years ago i think? and yes way way to loud! i must be getting old as im 37 now and even got rid of the magnex back box for a standard back box and the silence is bliss LOL
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    I bought the car with an aftermarket exhaust on eventually got fed up of my ears bleeding on long journeys and was surprised to say the least at how loud the standard system is..

If you can find one, the Mongoose is good and quite a large bore. Mine does not sit out far, it is subtle. Oreca do exhausts but they are LOUD. I have one here as well but took it off...might put it on again though.

My Mongoose was awesome, enough burble and noise when stomping on it, but no massive drone during regular pottering about. Fitment was snug and tight, hangers all lined up and it didn't rattle. All in all it was an excellent exhaust for the money. Not sure if they still sell / stock them?