Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOT fail!

MOT fail!

Hello

I'd be really grateful for any pointers with this.

Car failed MOT today on handbrake (hopefully just needs adjusting) and emissions on CO level on second fast idle. (Printout attached, I'm hoping this is legible)

Last year, with different test centre and equipment it got 0.1% CO max 0.2%. Since then I've replaced the cat (which fell apart) and exhaust.

I don't want to start replacing things willy-nilly. Has anyone had a fail like this? or any pointers? The MAP sensor in my car is Vauxhall, which has always annoyed me.

The MOT guy thought I'd just been too careful with the car and the cat had clogged. I'd like to point out that this has not been the case.

Any help gratefully received.

Ha ha, I love the firm denial tha you may have been too gentle with the car 👍
    Good luck with getting it sorted.

Thanks Phil. I think he thought I'd pootled it round the town a bit all year and clogged up the cat. This is not the case.

In my old Peugeot I had a similar issue, turned out to be a faulty Lambda sensor and a crack in the exhaust manifold.

Thanks I think I'm going to start with the Lambda and MAP sensors and burn the arse off the car up the A1 before it goes in for the retest.

Forum User
    Handbrake faults seem to appear quite regularly on these cars.

Think they are just quite inefficient.

Hi Ayli

i was interested to read this thread as it sounds like you had the same problem as I'm having i.e. High CO readings. Can I ask how it got resolved?

regards

stuart

Hello Stuart

Resolved by going to an MOT station where I think they looked the other way.

The car is in a lock-up at the moment while I consider my options. I did change the MAP and oxygen sensors as well as the cat.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayli Carper View Post
    Hello Stuart

Resolved by going to an MOT station where I think they looked the other way.

The car is in a lock-up at the moment while I consider my options. I did change the MAP and oxygen sensors as well as the cat.

Good luck.
    Thanks Ayli I'll let you know how I get on but the car has cost me 1,500 since I bought it and still no mot🤣🤣🤣

stu

Quote Originally Posted by Stu-DUF View Post
    Thanks Ayli I'll let you know how I get on but the car has cost me 1,500 since I bought it and still no mot藍藍藍

stu
    If it's anyconsolation mine has cost me a lot more and it currently looks like this

Attached Images Attached Images