Hello from Scotland

Hi everyone

Im currently in the market to aquire one of these pocket rockets. Hopefully going to look at one at the weekend.

I would be grateful if there's any specifics to look out for other than the obvious tin work areas. I believe the engines are pretty robust but I can't find any specifics about when the Timing Belt should be changed?

I had the pleasure of driving one about 5 years ago and it's stuck with me ever since. Given the lardy hot hatches you get nowadays, I love the early small hot hatches that are still involving to drive as opposed to adding more power to something that's so comparatively heavy.

I also have a standard pug 205 1.9 Gti but I would like to add something to my addiction that's a bit quicker and nothing else from that era fits the bill like the Williams. Needs must! Lol. I like standard cars btw.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Cheers
    Norrie

Forum User
    http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/show...ms-(Noob-Guide)

this will be the first port of call.. everything that'll need looking at when buying one of these is in here..

good luck with your search!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandella View Post
    http://williamsclio.co.uk/forum/show...ms-(Noob-Guide)

this will be the first port of call.. everything that'll need looking at when buying one of these is in here..

good luck with your search!!
    Thanks very much!! Really useful Thread.

I have put a deposit on a 1, but final viewing on Monday, if all goes to plan, will be driving it home with me!!

Hi Norrie. Where abouts are you? I am in Bathgate and you are more than welcome to have a look around mine and I can give you a few pointers.

Norrie,

Is it a Williams 1, 2 or 3 your going to look at? there maybe some history on here.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jamiecrookston83 View Post
    Hi Norrie. Where abouts are you? I am in Bathgate and you are more than welcome to have a look around mine and I can give you a few pointers.
    Thanks Jamie!

I'm based in Killin (above Callander). Thanks for the offer mate, I might be a bit tight for time before I set off on Monday afternoon. However, be good to meet up with you in the near future to get some much needed guidance on these!!

Quote Originally Posted by Winters01 View Post
    Norrie,

Is it a Williams 1, 2 or 3 your going to look at? there maybe some history on here.

Cheers
    It's a 1 mate. Car is on the Register here #161

Haven't found any other info on it as yet. Seller has been very honest about the car which is promising.

Cheers

Winters

I've found a for sale thread from the chap the current owner bought it from. So it appears it's a forum car.