Forum User

Wiliam /16 valve NON-sunroof Roof!!

Having a big TLC session with y Williams rally car It has been on my drive for 2 years and not used !!!!
    The shell was a sunroof car,plated then filled with loads of filler..the shape etc never looked great..So I have a body man/car preparation mate who is happy to cut and weld a new non-sunroof part etc etc.
    What cars other than the Williams /valver could be used 1.2 petrol 3 door ???
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Rod.
    PS...I will shortly have for sale a Williams engine .....a valver block bored and modified to take the 2.0 litre crank...the engine was the original one from Paddy's car...big valved head, Columbi - Bariani billet cams/solid lifters,Cat-cams.verniers
    Being built soon by Fletcher Racing Services.
    Thanks Rodders

Why sell the engine if you're just having it built?!

AFAIK all the non-sunroof clio roofs are the same so I imagine you can just chop a roof off a poor old 1.2 and then weld it in?

IIRC someone had a carbon roof done but I can't remember who...

Forum User
    Hey rod.. I looked into this and I cut the roof skin down the runners off a 5 door clio as I couldn't find a 3 door. Sat it on the roof of the 3 door and it was bang on! The easiest way I could see of doing it was using 3m panel bond to bond one skin on to the other. By trimming the bead cut right back to the lip you wouldn't really notice it with the rail trim back in. I cut the front piece where the windscreen sits off as well leaving just enough to be hidden by the windscreen rubber. That's the easiest way as if you start thinking about welding it could/ will end in disastor ...

Forum User
    Why sell the engine if you're just having it built?!
    Like I said..it is the original one out of the Irish car,that was stripped down,parts checked over and stored...I have no use for it...Mine in the Rally car is still running 100% and is a higher spec.....So I thought get it rebuilt ..dyno - run and sell it on.
    Walters...many thanks for that advice...very much appreciated.
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by white16valver View Post

IIRC someone had a carbon roof done but I can't remember who...
    That was Beanie but i think it was a 1 off custom made item

Quote Originally Posted by walters300 View Post
    Hey rod.. I looked into this and I cut the roof skin down the runners off a 5 door clio as I couldn't find a 3 door. Sat it on the roof of the 3 door and it was bang on! The easiest way I could see of doing it was using 3m panel bond to bond one skin on to the other. By trimming the bead cut right back to the lip you wouldn't really notice it with the rail trim back in. I cut the front piece where the windscreen sits off as well leaving just enough to be hidden by the windscreen rubber. That's the easiest way as if you start thinking about welding it could/ will end in disastor ...
    They're the exact same part on both 3 & 5 doors