Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Door cards

Try copydex glue

It may take a little longer to set though so you will have to be patient.

For the arm rest issue if the hard boards just gone in side just be very carful you don’t tear the outer material and try and replace it with new hard board. Or push back the existing board then glue a new peace on top.

I'm an upholsterer, usual thing to do with the side panels would be to glue it down if it can't be stapled. A can of Trim Fix will do the job nicely, a very fine spray on the cloth and the board and it'll stick and shouldn't seep through, it's designed specifically for vehicle trim.

You could spray it on the face side, or if you're overly cautious you could just spray around the edges of the rear of the board and the edge of the cloth.

Superglue should do just fine also

If you're feeling adventurous you could try sewing it into the board...

Forum User
    how does the board come off? i think i asked before on another thread but have forgotten .. easier with the door card off, or does it have to come off?

Subscribed Member
    The board is glued on mate you will need to undo handle and the grab arm to take off, door card can stay on I think

Quote Originally Posted by AND2386 View Post
    For the arm rest issue if the hard boards just gone in side just be very carful you don’t tear the outer material and try and replace it with new hard board. Or push back the existing board then glue a new peace on top.
    That's what I'm thinking of doing. I'll cut out some thin ply, glue it to the underside of the rest and try to clamp it flat. Its the clamping flat that'll be the issue.

My door cards have speaker holes cut in them. I've managed to mask the holes by gluing on Phase 2 speaker grilles; it looks good but its not the correct Williams 1 look.

I've got a spare set of W1 cards (without speaker holes) but the arms rests are appalling, the vinyl has split.

Paul

How about this Carbon Fibre Door Cards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmm...

You loose the arm rest and door pocket.

Shame really; prepped and sprayed the correct colour it may have been a good option.

Paul

You can have the arm rest and pocket if you want to + if you have front rool bars you can have the door card made so the bars miss the Cards

Not cheep though