0066 - Residing in Kent waiting to be recomissioned

Gathering parts to get it back on the road, was planning on this year but two house moves and a Williams 2 bought may mean that it will be 2016...

have you got any pictures mate?

Better late than never! Life got in the way, new job and another house move and finally I am getting round to sorting my toys!

Hopefully getting collected from Kent this week or next to go in for a respray and mechanical titivation. I had the car resprayed around 2005/6, hence the strange fading and obvious filler in the drivers door. This is going to be taken back down to Kent once completed for my 75 year old father to use as his 'modern' car as he needs something a bit newer than his 1973 custom VW Beetle.

Luckily I collected the parts I needed back in 2013-15, when Williams were being broken and sold off, including a low mileage engine from a written off car that includes the front subframe and suspension, an original 'still in the Renault box' gearknob and original radio to go back in. The only thing I'm looking for are the window rubbers as mine have warped badly, but a friend has a few Mk1's and is going to see what he can salvage for me.

Cannot wait to get her back on the road and running again!

IMG_1955.jpgIMG_1956.jpgIMG_1957.jpgIMG_1958.jpg

Hi Williams 66... the window rubbers are difficult to get hold of in good condition and very expensive if you find any.

I you go on the Facebook page and contact Jason Mather he can show you how to refurb them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/19431546816/?fref=nf

Regards Ian