Evening,

(It is 6 years since I've been involved in this stuff every day, and my memory isn't what it was, so I thought that I would consult the collective knowledge, and get some POV's).

I have two engines sat there, a Williams F7R & a Megane F7R (Electronic Injection). Has anyone got a full parts (number) teardown of the two?

TL;DR:
  • What are the specific differences between the two engines
  • Do they share gaskets, do they share bearings - WHAT don't they share?
  • What could be the problem with using a megane head on a williams bottom end
  • Will the Williams rocker cover fit the Megane
  • Are there additional things to consider

I (think that I) purchased the Megane F7R (MF7R) with the belief that it actually had a marginally better engine (larger exhaust ports maybe?) than the Williams F7R (WF7R) if one were to get headwork done to it, and that it had a better oil system that the WF7R.

I have both engines sat there, along with most of the parts, and ready to go to to get put together, but need to make a decision as to the best package to put together. I will go and get another Williams engine if needs be.

The intention is;

11.3 Woessner Pistons
7105137 Catcams
CTTO018 Pulleys
ARP Rod bolts
Stainless Rods
Maybe bigger injectors (R19 or other appropriate)

Engine management is also a challenge - but we will get to that, at a later date. I think I might hit up Danish Michael for another one of his ECU's to be made up, but again - that's more challenges with sensors etc.

The questions remain about the more wholesale part of; which core engine to reside all these parts in. Mr Brown and I chatted at length about this last year, and whilst there's not any major reason to go with one or the other, visually, there's not any discernible difference between the MF7R & the WF7R - what are the practicalities of it all?

/y0z