Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Profit is not a dirty word. Professional advert. If your in the market for a once in a lifetime purchase, that's the car.

Quote Originally Posted by theweekendhaslanded View Post
    Profit is not a dirty word. Professional advert. If your in the market for a once in a lifetime purchase, that's the car.
    Quite right... but nobody said profit was a dirty word..... especially me

They also had to pay buyer's premium on top of the hammer price. Everyone else is scurrying to clean the mould off their Clios rotting away in garages countrywide.

But they are also selling a Porsche 924 for 45 grand. I don't care if it's a one off special with a gear knob made of solid gold, it's still a Porsche 924.

I also think it's a bit rich calling it a limited edition. On that basis the VW Beetle was a limited edition, given that they've stopped making them now.

Anyone who has the cash and wants one to put in their collection without any fuss will buy it. The kind of person that doesn't even notice the price - it's just a set of numbers...

Slanderers of the price are just pissed off they don't have that kind of disposable cash as any 3k barge is never going to get to that kind of quality.

I don't think there's anyone here slandering the price, more a slightly awed pause for thought. It's probably a good thing that it'll be salted away in a heated garage and put on less than 200 miles a year. Cars like this form a database of originality that will help restorers of 3k barges in the future and stimulate interest (and money) from a different demographic of potential future owners, which is of benefit to everyone (probably).

I think it's great that this little souped up shopping car can accommodate sub £1000 cars on a wing and a rusty prayer to be used as track day cars as well as trailered concours show queens. But I know which I'd rather have.

Out of curiosity, and for comparison purposes, does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to do a proper nut and bolt resto on a Clio from a 3k clio, I don't mean a spray over and a valet - bare metal, engine rebuilt, replace all perishables, trim - to make it look like this (and possibly drive a bit better although you wouldn't have the kudos of the low milage) ... ?

The problem that I think you could have Bob, is that its all the trim and perishables that are tricky to get hold of now, with a lot of parts no longer available from Renault. However for a full nut and bolt resto done on the cheap (with you doing all the non/semi skilled work) you could easy blow £6k - £7k if you did it properly.
    It would be easy to go way over that if you handed it over to a restorer to complete.
    Dont do it.............

Don't I know it lol ^^

Quote Originally Posted by katbloke View Post
    Don't I know it lol ^^
    Yea, you did it 😉

Hahaha :D