Thread: Too far gone??

Too far gone??

Hello, I bought this a couple of years ago when it was clinging on to a mot.

Anyhow I started stripping it down to get it sorted, all new brakes, a new interior, a cambelt, new header tank, new stereo, another set of wheels to refurb, all new service parts all fitted,

Anyhow loads of other cars have come and gone and this has sat in the garage feeling sorry for it's self.

Is this rust too much??? To sort??

Both inner wings are holed.

Both sills are gone

Both arches need replacing

Ignore the white stuff just slapped it on in some weird rust go no further please mission.

I can do all the mechanical stuff no probe but will it cost the earth to sort the body out????

Both sills are very crispy hard to show in the photos.

Forum User
    My mrs w2 is a hell of a lot worse than that and I'll deffo be having it sorted this year, but its worth the cost to me. You may feel that yours is not worth it, i think its down to the individual and also what you think about the car tbh.

That's a minor job to sort imo, inner wings at the front are readily available still

Good I am glad to hear, I don't mind ploughing money into it.

Better than my shell was possibly bit u went to a shot hot but expensive/ get what you pay for place