Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very true but for me I wanted a Williams to cherish for many years and use only for those early Sunday drives to enjoy it to the full. A low mileage example appealed to me but I fully appreciate it doesn't always reflect condition.
    My e46 m3 has 95k and looks like it's done 30k.

Quote Originally Posted by walters300 View Post
    A clio Williams in my opinion is not a car that's not pondered over for its immaculate original tyre air fill cap. Its very annoying to see a new breed of aspirational owners who haven't got the experience of its raw capabilites which make it a drivers car first and foremost. This car is about putting up a fight and beating cars way above its remit, the whole ethos of the car and its heritage seems to be getting confused these days..
    I Disagree. My desire is to get the car back to how it left the factory. Are you telling me it couldn't do all that in stock condition? The pondering might happen but it's when I put it back in the garage.

I do get where you are coming from but don't worry mine will get used in anger! But I have no desire to run it outside the stock spec because time has passed and all I want is the genuine experience not to get the absolute last drop of performance out of the chassis by stripping out the interior, adding a roll cage, adding turbos fitting lighter larger wheels etc etc etc. In the end if I want more performance than as offered from a stock car I would drive another (later) car.

If you've bought one you can do what you want with it, and if it annoys other people that's their problem not yours.

On the other hand my Suzuki van has just done 100k miles and looks like it's done 300k. In the wet.

Ayli- Beautiful 911S on you photobox link! Do you still have it?

I have a 1969 911T which is being restored at the moment.

Forum User
    Your reason for purchasing a clio Williams is based upon having a car which is as per factory spec which is exactly how it should be. However the reason and appreciation aspect doesn't correspond with the cars heritage in my opinion, trying to create a profile of 001 is not possible as only 001 has had a sheltered life, being embarrassed that it might have had a slight modification is not realistic, these cars have been enjoyed for there driving capabilities and some have chosen to expand the potential. Appreciate the heritage and drive the car for its abilities and then think about the profile....

Quote Originally Posted by walters300 View Post
    Your reason for purchasing a clio Williams is based upon having a car which is as per factory spec which is exactly how it should be. However the reason and appreciation aspect doesn't correspond with the cars heritage in my opinion, trying to create a profile of 001 is not possible as only 001 has had a sheltered life, being embarrassed that it might have had a slight modification is not realistic, these cars have been enjoyed for there driving capabilities and some have chosen to expand the potential. Appreciate the heritage and drive the car for its abilities and then think about the profile....
    But please just drive it. A Sunday drive great, picking the kids up from school just as good, last minute drive thru NOT a disgrace.

Butchered my refurbed wheels within three weeks so paranoid about them... in a supermarket car park. Driver's side.

It's not a museum piece!

Quote Originally Posted by leedeacon76 View Post
    Gutted, spoke to the seller of this when it went on Sunday. Missed it by hours because I missed a day on the forum due to the wife's birthday. Would probably have paid more than it went for and kept it. To see it flipped for a quick profit he must be sick.
    I am indeed. I put a lot of effort in that Williams and the at no point did he mention it was for resale. If anybody wants any info about the car, please send me a PM.

Sorry to hear it, appreciate the helpful advice you gave on any future purchases too even after you'd sold it

I don't think there are enough cars left on the open market that you can be too picky on what you are buying....I wouldn't be put off with go faster bits if the body shell is good. A few weekends work and its back to original and its how it looks now not how it looked 8 years ago that matters.

Was ready to jump on bass_directs car. Agreed, off to see something that certainly needs a little TLC this weekend, I'll post pics (and ask for pointers on where to start!) if I end up getting it
    Last edited by leedeacon76; 05-05-2015 at 10:26.