Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re-shelling a Williams doubts...

I have a Swiss Champion numbered for a while, however to register the car in my country I have to pay something like 9000€ and pay a road tax of 500€ annually due to the cc and co2 of the engine.

Switzerland is non Euro zone , so different rules apply

The car is from Switzerland where they all came originally.

I bough a shell from a 92 valver (phase 1) the Swiss Champion is a phase 2 (1995 car).

My intention is to paint the valver shell 432 blue and transfer everything from the Swiss Champion to the valver (engine, gearbox, ECU, suspension, interior etc.

Does anyone know if is there any difference in terms off wiring from a valver to a Williams?

The valver doesn't have electric rear view mirrors and the SC has.

I want to rescue the car because it's the rarest of the Williams but paying a fortune is just out of the question.

If someone could help me

The wiring will be slightly different but the easiest option would be to retain all the wiring from the valver & use that. It will connect up to the williams engine exactly the same, it's just the connections to the inside of the car that differ between the phases so if you have the complete wiring in the valver, leave it alone & use it

The only problem that I can see with your plan is that surely the Valver shell will have a vin that is different to your Swiss Champion, so in effect once you swap the parts over will it not cease to be a Swiss Champion Williams and in effect be a valver.
    I'm not trying to ruin your plan, but thought that it was worth mentioning in case you hadnt thought if this 😉

You're absolutely correct.

It will "die" as a Williams and reborn as a valver.

Either that or the car will be useless.

It's a shame to part the car, I think there are less then 50 Swiss Champion complete still in the Europe.

Yes paddy the valver is complete.

So what's your suggestion, swap the dash completely or just swap the clocks and put the number plate on the valver dash?

And yes the Vin is different.

Besides all Williams are C57M and the valvers are C57D.

yes, leave the dash and wiring alone in the whole valver shell and just swap the swiss champion clocks and engine in

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    yes, leave the dash and wiring alone in the whole valver shell and just swap the swiss champion clocks and engine in

Wouldn't it be better to keep the car complete by selling it on to someone in a country that doesn't carry those high costs.

Regards Ian

Swiss champion would be worth more restored that a valver in the long wrong but worthy of saving as we are now in our 20th + year of these cars

The problem is not restauring the Swiss Champion, the problem is that in order to register it here in Portugal it Would mean paying 9000€ to registar the car and get a Portuguese licence plate.

Besides all the cars registered in the country after June 2007 pay huge road taxes calculated by a formula that includes cc and co2.

And of course I don't want to sell the car.

Better to live on with a valver vin than just die with a Swiss vin.

Better something than nothing

Went to sunny Algarve to pick up the valver.

4 years abandoned in a bush and no rust...

Thank you sunny Algarve. loool