Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Williams 3 Ebay

Williams 3 Ebay

Hi, sorry if this has been posted before but does anyone know anything about this car?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-RENAU...item2a4e71b9a9

Cheers in advance.

No? From the advert can anyone tell me if it looks worth a look? Perhaps a little pricey given the mileage?

Forum User
    Milage shouldn't be a problem if its got documented history, £8000 spent should cover a multitude of mechanical/ welding/ new panels/ respray etc etc. ask the guy to scan you the reciepts and work out what's been done and also ring a few of the company's listed on them for a chat,
    if everything is in order the price is reasonable in my opinion, but everything has to be spot on for that price. Try getting hold of the previous owner as well as he might have been forced to sell for a new kitchen or something!

key aspect is to check everything to ensure quality workmanship for any body work repairs and that all mechanical like gearbox/ clutch/ Cambelt/ wheel bearings/ brakes/ shocks/ driveshafts etc have been done for that milage.

If the price is in your budget I would go and have a look.
    People will disagree with me but I wouldnt class that mileage as high for the age of the car - its all about the condition of the bodywork in my opinion. Its relatively inexpensive to rebuild or freshen up an engine, but its bloody expensive to sort out bodywork properly.
    If that car is in really good condition and any repairs of of a high quality (not short term bodge ups) than I wouldnt say it was overpriced.
    You could buy a car at £2500 and spend £3000 - £4000 on the bodywork easy (If its done correctly).
    Just my opinion though, I'm sure you will get others, good luck whatever you decide to do.

I think the mileage is spot on - it's been used. You need to buy on condition anyway, they're all old now.

At least the wheels appear to have been done properly. Seat belt receptacle looks funny on third photo, otherwise looks in good condition. (No engine bay photo, no boot photo, no shots along the sills.)

Take it for a burn and find out.

Forum User
    Fuse cover in passenger footwell has dropped - sometimes the clips bend and this happens. Cigarette lighter missing. But no major things noticable in photos. £8k over 6 years is £1300 a year - could be restoration work, 3's rot more than the others and theres no sign of that from the photos available, mileage is at higher end of what you tend to see - I've seen with 150k. Or if the owner took to Renault for everything over that time including services, MOTs, repairs, parts & labour, tyres, cam belt or 2 etc.. then it wouldn't be far off that.

Thanks for all the replies. Really helpful to get the opinion of some current owners on wehter it initially looks 'right'.

I'll take your advice, do some detective work and ask some questions. Will report back.

Thanks again.

Have spoken with them and sounds like it had a restoration in 2005 and then they've done some additional work to it more recently. It's had a bare shell respray, new outer sills.

He said there's hundreds of pages of receipts for it so suspect I'll take a trip down and have a thumb through them.

One thing he mentioned was that the roof gutter trims are missing (something they're trying to source). Are these difficult to get hold of?

It's idling quite high.