Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still Looking

Still Looking

Still on the look out for a decent Williams with minimal rust. Budget of around £3k or can part ex a clean Racing blue 182 plus cash. Let me know if you are thinking of selling

Chris

Just buy one Chris, any one with a ticket. The 'minimal rust, garaged from new' are either hiding it well, or about to put a piston through the casing for some unfathomable reason that will drive you nuts and bankrupt you in seconds.

And if it really had minimal rust, you'd never use it, or park it in a supermarket, or push it that bit it needs to be pushed.

I bought mine a little ropey as a winter banger and every step it's taken away from its banger origins has faded it slightly.

There just isnt many about though Ayli, there is one on ebay (think it was ebay) for £2800 and f**k me its no where near worth it so im not even entertaining him with offers. Theres a real nice one for £3750 on Pistonheads and I have chatted to the guy but its over my budget. I'll just have to wait it out until one pops up

That £3750 does look good. Can't you knock £750 off for the polished lip cock-up on the wheel refurb?

Everyone must be salting them away for when they're 'worth' a 'fortune'.

Mine is covered in salt, and is rusting away, and the steering makes funny noises. Wouldn't want it any other way.

Good luck.

ha ha I doubt I could get £750 off plus its right down the bottom of the country :(

Quote Originally Posted by Ayli Carper View Post
    Everyone must be salting them away for when they're 'worth' a 'fortune'.
    I personally believe that they are not ALL kept in great condition for financial gain but this maybe the result anyway.

I speak from personal experience.... this is my Subaru which is obviously not kept in this condition for financiall gain.

Regards Ian

Forum User
    Chris sit tight mate, one will come up. Don't buy on impulse or because you want 1 bad etc etc. You had the w2 so you've half an idea what your looking at and that will count a lot.

Ian what spec is the scooby, and how does it compare vs the Williams?

Bloody hell Ian, that is in nice condition!

Hi Danno... it is a Cyprus sourced 225 WRX.... which I bought new in Dec 05 from Motorpoint in Swansea for the princely sum of £15600 (Mondeo money) with a full UK 3 yr warranty.

It is identical in every way to a UK sourced 225 WRX.

Very tricky question that about the difference between the two... love them both equally to drive but treasure the Williams. The Subaru feels modern and comfortable and the Williams old school.

Regards Ian

Forum User
    The scooby is spotless ian, but like my grandfather always said - if it costs you your hard earnt, look after it. And I do, well I try, regardless of what it is