Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 0285 - L818CPR

Forum User
    Wow! That was a very neglected clio williams 1! Glad its in good hands now!

Hope you dont mind me asking, but what did you pay for it? Whats the history behind it?

Dunc

Sounds like a good plan, as you say its going to be a big job but its going to be worth it when you have finished.
    Out of interest, how did you find the car? Did you just see it and decide to buy or is there more to it than that?

Long story but I own a MOT garage in higham Kent and used to own a 16v 1.8 a few years ago and loved it .

A mobile mechanic that I know said a customer of his has a clio Williams on her drive and she wants to sell it as it belonged to her husband who sadly died in 2006 . It was his pride and joy she said but it hasn't moved since then (tax disc in window 2006) I then take a look at the paperwork and there is a hole heap of service history main dealer stamps and only 2 owners . He had everything for the car .

I asked what price she wanted and she replied £500 I gladly accepted that price she was happy and I was also .

Car has every single standard part as far as I can see but it's a bit rusty .

Got some good friends in the trade for paint work but everything else I will be doing my self in my home workshop

wow that is amazing!

So how many owners has it had? Any more info on it?

You know I would be tempted to just get it running and driving with a mot and leave the outside like that. Too many are restored now and that would be a great conversation piece.

£500, Bloody hell you did really well there, amazing buy!!

Forum User
    I paid £250 for mine... #justsaying still a bargain tho!!

If anyone else wants to share what a measley amount of money they paid for their car........
    Please can I (Nicely) ask you to bugger off

hows it looking now you've started stripping it down?

Not to bad few bits of rust but nothing that can't be sorted out with a bit of work and a decent welder