Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

F7p help - Rough running

Afternoon firstly let me aplogise for using this site for help with my F7pt converted R5 GTT, I know it's now an F7r engine but with the similarity I am in need of some urgent help.

I have recently completed a fully forged F7pt conversion using fastchips high boost setup, now I am having an issue in which my car sounds like it's running on 3 but it's not, revving it makes no difference. I have checked cam timing and spot on, the bottom end is fully fresh and machine shop honed, new wossners and wossner rings with pec rods, new bearings etc..

I have so far done the following:

Compression tested all 4 cylinders seeing 128 -130psi (don't foget new build not covered any mileage yet),
    Removed all spark plugs and cranked over and I have spark at all 4,
    Fuel rail removed and had firing up bonnet and again the all mist,
    Cam belt timing checked and all markings line up,
    Dizzy cap and rota arm checked and all ok,
    King Lead checked and defo giving voltage (like an idiot I touched it by mistake),
    I have no mayo in the oil,
    I have no oil in the coolant,

Now the other day midday the car started like this and after an hour of fiddling with everything it ran fine be it with hydraulic lifter noise, but when I went to drive it that eve it was back to what sounded like 3.

Now if I removed the leads 2,3 and 4 make a big difference yet number 1 makes very little different to the engine note, I have swapped spark plugs over no difference, I have even fitted a brand new HT lead for number 1 aswell with no difference.

The colour of the spark plugs is black sotty and dry other than number 1 which is wet with fuel but still black, I have ordered new spark plugs and I am going to swap injectors around to see if the problem moves cylinder.

I assume Crank sensor fine as I am getting spark.

Any thoughts??user34_pic10637_1422146661.jpguser34_pic10645_1422536548.jpg

Can you post us a video of the engine running?

Forum User
    Try swooping the map sensor maybe,

sorry but im not going to be able to give any help mate but ive followed your progress on facebook.

Have you tried a standard williams ecu to see if that cures the problem?

Cheers peeps, I have had a little development in that I have now worked out this is a fuel related issue ok the running is still bad, but I adjusted the fpr down from 3.0 bar to 0.5 bar today and the running on 3/4 cylinders has stopped and the car sounds and idles much better but seems to be massively over fueling though 10.3 on idle.
    I have ordered a new fpr not an FSE one this time but one of these -
    http://fuelab.com/products/performan...ure_regulator/

Had another 5 min play this eve thought I would eliminate a plugged fuel return pipe so I got a jerry can and run a pipe straight to the jerry can from the FPR and started the car, started fine again the fpr adjustment if set to 3 bar the cars sounds like running on 3 reduce the pressure to 0.5 bar again sounds better but the afr's are still seeing 10.3 at best. This eliminates a blocked rtn pipe.

Anyone got any idea's?? I am using the fastchips High boost setup to eliminate running issues before I fit the adaptronic setup, I am now thinking of fitting the adaptronic 440 kit I have

Lambda?

What map sensor are you using?

Sorry Guy's forgot to say all sorted, was a blocked OEM metal pipe for the MAP sensor, all sorted now. Just got a few other issue's now LOL