Thread: 0034 - M935KPR

0034 - M935KPR

Greetings

No 34 is alive and well and owned by me from New, thats right from new and that means I am the sole owner.

Now for the serious stuff and help is needed here.

My car is going to get a respray done and here is the question forum lovers.

The front wings are a plastic composite (Norrell) so I was told and the bumpers are plastic what plastic primers or additives are used to prep these plastics properly.

Many years ago I had a front wing resprayed and after some months fading tool place and it seemed that the plastic was drawing solvents from the painting that took place so those who are in the know can you help.

Regards and Thanks in advance.
    Michael

Forum User
    wow, this is interesting, do you have any pictures Michael? i'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.. what's the low down with it? standard? how many miles etc? are you having a full respray?

Yes Michael...pics and info would be great. If you don't mind supplying the reg No. I'm sure Northy would like to place it in the register in the right position.

Regards Ian

Forum User
    Over the years I've heard lots of bad things about reprays - not just for the Williams. If you are going for a full respray then seek out the most experienced professional you can afford - perhaps with restoration experience and a love for it and nit just doing it for the job. On a Williams you have owned from new . It would be a terrible shame only for it to need to be returned to a spray shop after a year or two.

This happened to my mother when she had her 1976 mgb fully resprayed only to be looking terrible again two years later after a lousy job and lack of proper preparation ehich is always 80% of the work.

Welcome and good luck.

I dont think you would have a problem now with modern waterbased paints. How long ago was the wing / bumper painted?

However plastic primer and sealers are widely avaliable.