Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The inner tie rods are interchangable and yes those are the brackets you need. You sound put off by it all it's well worth it, you're replacing 4 brackets, the tensioner and the pump with 2 simple brackets.

You don't need the bolts you've listed as you've already got them

These are the brackets needed for subframe mounting the engine

I am well confused that's why I think I am lost on this, so why do I need brakets to connect the engine to the Subframe?
    Like I said I am lost at the moment lol, do you have a before and after picture of the convention by any chance? At the moment I have the Subframe off and the steering rack off and looking at tring to get a hand to do this job with hopfuly some one who can point me in right direction when doing this covertion. Just trying to work it all out my self at the moment so I can get all the right parts before starting the job and realising I am missing a vitile part of the jig saw lol

Thanks

AND

You need brackets for the mounts to bolt to because the engine will sit on top of the subframe which is completely different to how the engine sits now, here's mine

Look at where the dogbone mount is on yours, it goes underneath the subframe & all it does is stop back & forth movement, the bracket for subframe mounting the engine works differently as it goes on top of the subframe and takes the weight of it as well

If you've got the subframe off it couldn't be simpler for the manual rack to be fitted

lol looks to me like I will have to look at selling the new Uprated Dogbone I got and now look at trying to get 3 new engine mounts is that right?

A Mk1 1.2 Clio Steering Rack & Colomn aswell. Is there any think els do you know of that I will need to get?

Thanks for the pics and help by the way.

looking at this where is the Battary mount gone then, do I have to loos that aswell?

Do these mounts have any type of rubber innertween them or is it a solid mount job? Or do I need to call Powerflex for some random rubber mount part lol

If it is a solid mount or partly rubberd in some places how dose this affect the drive?

Sorry for all the question.

Be ten times easyer I recon if we met up lol

I am gussing I need these parts to -
    7700718613 Plated tensioner bracket - ?
    8200031832 Altenator Holder bracket - ?

So am I right I saying this dose not have PAS but is still on normals engine mounts?

+ Will I not need these Iteams any more? http://www.k-tecracing.com/search_results.asp Many Thanks AND

Sorry, I thought I posted a link to the mounts I've got http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-5-...item565cf0e30a there's rubber in them so doesn't make it awful or vibrate like hell and yes the battery tray is also gone.

Only other thing you need for the manual steering conversion is a shorter alternator belt 6pk815 will do the trick iirc

OK Thanks For The Info. I Be in Touch soon.

Thanks

AND