Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: battery size

battery size

Can someone please confirm the battery measurements for the Williams and the cranking amps ah etc etc....
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

There's a Varta in mine. Been there since I bought it.
    12V 50aH 540A
    Code 550 56 054 Blue Dynamic

Width is 24cm
    Height 17.5
    Depth 17cm
    Terminals are 18cm apart.

Those trickle chargers not up to the task then

My battery is old. Its a genuine Renault battery.theae trickle chargers should work ok shouldn't they???
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Quote Originally Posted by FATBOY View Post
    My battery is old. Its a genuine Renault battery.theae trickle chargers should work ok shouldn't they???
    I have no experience of using battery conditioners or trickle chargers myself Paul. Someone else surely has.
    Your running some ICE in your car are you not? You may need a battery that suits your setup keeping in mind the cranking limits for the Willy.
    My battery is rarely connected hence its lasted as long as it has. Otherwise I would exspect to get 4 to 5 years from a decent brand with every day use.

I used a battery charger on my Williams when it went flat due to an interior light being on constantly. Bought mine from halfords, just make sure it's suitable for a 2 litre engine as not all of hbem
    are

Just a sub and amp nothing really high powered tho. And I don't have the alarm armed when she's tucked up safely in the garage. I'm guessin the battery has had its time.....
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Quote Originally Posted by FATBOY View Post
    Just a sub and amp nothing really high powered tho. And I don't have the alarm armed when she's tucked up safely in the garage. I'm guessin the battery has had its time.....
    Very likely.

Do the usual checks to be sure the alternator is sending the correct voltage to the battery. Sorry I dont recall what it should be but Lee or someone else will know.

I put a halfords one in the daily about 6 months ago and it's holding and cranking well. Went for the yuasa brand with 5 year warranty.

Was it already on a trickle charger Paul? I've got a few Cteks, an Optimate and a Halfords one and they all seem to do a decent job and mean the batteries haven't died in a good while now. It is leaving them connected with the car unused for months on end that otherwise killed them off as things like the clock eventually take the voltage down to a level where it seems the battery can never recover, even if charged up again. It's worth sticking a charger on it for a while and see where you end up though. If checking the alt you should see around 14 volts with a voltmeter across the battery terminals with the engine running.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris197F1 View Post
    I used a battery charger on my Williams when it went flat due to an interior light being on constantly. Bought mine from halfords, just make sure it's suitable for a 2 litre engine as not all of hbem
    are
    what one did you get from halfords mate??
    Last edited by FATBOY; 14-01-2015 at 20:29.
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Thinking of going for a varta battery thinking either the varta blue or varta silver.... Are these batteries calcium?? Or lead acid??? The silver is £4.55 more but has 60amps more and 1 ah more.... 540 amps and 60ah is sufficient is it not???
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215