Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think I need to come stay over and get some piccies Stevie :D

Quote Originally Posted by Wobba View Post
    I think I need to come stay over and get some piccies Stevie :D
    You are welcome any time mate - as suggested before With a bit of planning though we could synch it up with some other event locally to go and see some good car stuff where you can get even better 'piccies'.

I've always wanted to go to 'classics at the castle', if you are interested, which is a few miles down the road and this guy has some good photos from a previous year: http://www.cumbriancarnut.com/classi...-7th-sep-2014/. Usually on around September time, but don't know the 2017 dates yet.

There are also open days at JD Classics a few times a year, which are well worth the visit if you have never seen before.

Also there may be a Warren Classic again this year, although I think they may still be thinking of only doing it every two years. It skipped 2015 but the 2016 event was the highlight of my motoring year...

On the day before the event the organiser asked some of us to join in on a little driving tour around Essex. We stopped off at a classic car dealer who I had visited many times before but had never previously had a tour of their workshops which were very impressive and I was surprised that they employ about 70 people restoring and maintaining various old Rollers and Bentleys:

Then it was off to the house of the owner of the venue. He made us very welcome and had a very impressive collection of cars, including a pukka Ford GT40 and a Veyron, Enzo and XJ220:

He had some interesting garden ornaments (including a Russian military helicopter!) and was kind enough to let me park on his lawn to get a nice photo with it:

Finally we drove back to the show venue to park the cars up ready for the show the next day and the car I followed all the way down, an AC Cobra, was driven by none other than Max Chilton (chap furthest to the left, with the baseball cap):

The weather was great too. What an enjoyable weekend!

looking good steve

All looks brilliant....Veyron (money no object) would be a must have for me!!

Cheers Ian

wow, Stevie_b I wish I knew people who had car collections like that!!! Amazing you're a well connected man!

Banned
    best wishes with love !!