Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Dilema - what to do with low mileage 3 with rust issues - sell, fix, break?

I have a 3 with 76k and FSH. Mechanically it is spot on and the interior is excellent but....the OS rear arch and sill has rust. Bad enough to need replacing. It owes me about £3000. Do I try to sell as it is or spend £££ to sort and then hope it sells for enough to recover the cost. Or even break it? Thoughts?

Forum User
    any pics of the car and the bits that need sorting???

Forum User
    IMO the rust you describe wouldn't put me off buying the car, at least its honest - ie you know what needs doing. Any potential buyer who does his/her research will know the rust issues with these cars and so should be fine with that. The foundations are there with the low miles and mech condition, and I think it would sell or you should keep it. Is it used as a daily drive or is it a 2nd car?

I've got pics somewhere but I am dammed if I can find them!

Its my 3rd car (SAAB, Evora (wife's car) and then Clio)

I'm in same situation my #3 has been in my dads garage for 2 years nw, I start it up every nw n then n it never fails me. Mechanically it's spot on but rust has stopped play I love the car n believe its worth saving, although if I was 2 restore I'm under no illusion that I would get my money back. My opinion is uv gotta do it 4 the love of the car n enjoy every part of owning a williams, witch is priceless...

Just get it fixed at a reputable bodyshop.

Problem is that could be £2000

Forum User
    Sorn it and get it in the garage - if you have 1!. Then get some cash together, or leave it a few years then see where your at then with it. Remember it should/Will only rise in value. Its only a 3rd car so you can manage without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Sorn it and get it in the garage - if you have 1!. Then get some cash together, or leave it a few years then see where your at then with it. Remember it should/Will only rise in value. Its only a 3rd car so you can manage without it.
    True, I'm battling Mrs 111R who thinks I have have too many cars (as if!) If I keep it I need somewhere to store it and I could squeeze it in the garage if I really had to. I know its is only going up in value but it owes me £2800 and the wheels need a refurb (£200) and then there that wing/sill which could be anything tbh.

Im after some bits if you break it