F7P Overhaul and Enhancement

Looking for some ideas here...

Whilst I have the engine out of the car I want to overhaul all the usual bits but wouldn't mind throwing a few upgrades at it too...

I have bought a supersprint manifold which I am led to believe is a decent upgrade over the standard manifold, what else is worth doing ?

- Cams, if so which ones would be best to go for ?
    - Injectors, is it worth installing uprated ones ?
    - Is it worth installing an F7R head on the F7P bottom end or a waste of time ?

I see the ECU has a "FENIX3A" chipped installed in it, is there any way to tell what "firmware" has been installed on this ?

Any input greatly appreciated !

P.

Off-the-shelf chips and maps = Fail

Hi. Bauderline

Uprated cams are the first truly worthwhile upgrade: Catcams 225, Piper 260, or Kent RN1602 cams are the mildest ones worth fitting. They'll increase power without sacrificing too much drivability. Also, buy adjustable cam pulleys. Without these you'll never be able to extract the full potential from the cams.

You won't need uprated injectors for any of those cams

Most importantly of all, get the ECU live-mapped on a dyno. That way your ecu will 100% optimised to run your individual modifications. An off-the-shelf chip, or a map phoned-in from an off-premesis company will never be as good.

There are a couple of companies that can live-map Clio ECUs - including myself!

My website: www.voodoo-tuning.co.uk
    email: info@voodoo-tuning.co.uk

Forum User
    One thing I will suggest, listen to kj16v, the man knows his Clios, and did some awesome work on mine.