Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Williams 2 For Sale. Immaculate, 42,000 miles on the clock.

1992 Williams 2. 42,000 miles.

Offered for sale is an immaculate 1994 Renault Clio Williams "2”.

The car was first registered in November 1994 and has had three owners from new.
    (Four showing on log book as first owner ran as a company car in his business before transferring over to himself.)

Car has a fully documented service history to assure the low mileage as being genuine. MOT until 25/06/15. Taxed until 31/12/14 months tax.
    It has had over £2.3k spent on mechanical items in the past two years by myself and another meticulous previous owner including cambelt, water pump, aux belt, full service and a new steering column lower joint, Head Gasket and clutch, clutch cable and throttle cable - all in genuine Renault parts it is therefore mechanically perfect. I also sandblasted, painted and wax oiled the subframe as these are prone to rust and wanted to make perfect. It Sits on four Michelin tyres of the correct size with plenty of tread remaining. Wheels were refurbished in 2010 in the correct colour with the polished rim and are in excellent condition.

The car is very rare in that it still remains on all its original panels including sills and arches which commonly rust. The car has received £1k's worth of bodywork in October 13 to remove very minor areas of surface rust on the underside of the doors, one arch and tail gate. As such there is no rust at all on the vehicle, with the vehicle also receiving a full wax oil in May earlier this year.
    This is an outstanding opportunity to purchase a genuine totally standard Renault Clio Williams. The exterior and interior are virtually concours standard and the car is exceptionally original in every regard.
    The car has been garaged for most of it’s life. (I have done so, the previous did so — and he assures me the owner before him did so to and I believe him)

I invested lots of time and money into this car as it is one of the lowest (if not the lowest) mileage example in the country and is my dream car. It really drives superbly and must be seen to be appreciated. My intention was to keep this car forever, it has always been garaged and is just about to go away for the winter. My work has taken to me to London and I do not want this to become a daily driver, it is too good to ruin.

This car comes with a huge history file:

Many of the old MOT’s
    Fully stamped service book with 10 service stamps
    All the Tax discs up to the original at point of sale
    Many of the service receipts from Renault when vehicle was new
    Huge number of receipts for work completed recently.
    Original Sales Brochure with Breakdown card
    Hand book

It has a remote central locking immobiliser alarm system, with 2 sets of keys. It also has the original rare Phillips stereo with the manual. I also own a high quality ‘specially to fit Williams’ high quality cover.

This has to be one of the most genuine, well looked after, documented and lowest milage examples of a Renault clio Williams in the country. It is a true collectors car and a very sad sale.

£8300

No time wasters please.

IMG_8897.jpg

IMG_8896.jpg

IMG_8902.jpg

IMG_8904.jpg

IMG_8894.jpg

IMG_8905.jpg

IMG_8906.jpg

IMG_8909.jpg

IMG_8910.jpg

IMG_8911.jpg

IMG_8915.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg

IMG_8919.jpg

Please contact me on email

jonathan@jonathanrobertsdesign.com

or call

Why did it have a head gasket and clutch at such low miles??

Hi, very nice car but as theweekendhaslanded said it has had a lot of work on it for such a low mileage car, another question is why are you asking £8300 when you advertised it for £6500 on this forum the other day.

Hello,

The car has been kept to meticulously high standard. New clutch and head gasget was sorted by myself after a month of owning it, and showed it to a mechanic he recommended it needed it. My family run a restoration garage so I wanted it perfect.
    The car is plus 20 years old and each owner has looked at certain areas of it.

Regarding the price I had no idea how much it was worth. I spent a fair amount on the car and I believe that it is in such a condition to be worth the amount. I will only sell at the right price I am afraid.

Thanks, I am glad you all like it.

Any other questions please let me know.

Car looks great, but £8,300 seems a bit rich to me (unless the market has pushed on since I was last on here!) Good luck with the sale...

Forum User
    Sorry to hear you are selling on. I can personally vouch for this car and it has had a serious amount of money spent on it by its past two owners. Good luck with the sale.

Hi Talkingfish, thanks for your message, it's nice to hear from you.
    Yes - it's a very good one.

I have had alot of interest regarding the car.

Fortunately I have found another garage where I can store it more locally, so I have decided to keep it.
    So the car is no longer for sale.

Thanks again.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingfish View Post
    Sorry to hear you are selling on. I can personally vouch for this car and it has had a serious amount of money spent on it by its past two owners. Good luck with the sale.
    Darren, was this by any chance, the "2" which you owned for a short while??